Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical exam :Tuberculos 23 years ago but it?s treated with medecine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical exam :Tuberculos 23 years ago but it?s treated with medecine.

Hello,

I have sponsored my parents. They have their interview in 2 weeks. In this meantime, they have to do their medical test.
    I have few questions please:

1_ My dad had tuberculos 20_25 years ago and it?s already treated. Should we inform the doctor when doing the medical exam or not, as it?s been long time and already treated? If yes, is it going to be a problem for the sponsorphip? Also what kind of paper does he needs to proof his treatment taken? I am guessing he does not have any paper. He is 65 years old.

2_ my mom is diabetic and has a back problem. Is it also a problem? Does she need to mention her back AND her diabetic to the doctor?

Please advise. Their appt is on the 26th march.

Thank you very much

Please can anyone advice for my concerns. I will appreciate your help.

Comment

Yes. Tell the doc. He will need to get chest X-rays as his skin test will always be positive.
      Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
      Married: 8/18/17
      Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
      I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
      Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
      EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
      EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
      Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
      Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
      Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

Originally posted by Shiv0305 View Post
        Hello,

I have sponsored my parents. They have their interview in 2 weeks. In this meantime, they have to do their medical test.
        I have few questions please:

1_ My dad had tuberculos 20_25 years ago and it?s already treated. Should we inform the doctor when doing the medical exam or not, as it?s been long time and already treated? If yes, is it going to be a problem for the sponsorphip? Also what kind of paper does he needs to proof his treatment taken? I am guessing he does not have any paper. He is 65 years old.

2_ my mom is diabetic and has a back problem. Is it also a problem? Does she need to mention her back AND her diabetic to the doctor?

Please advise. Their appt is on the 26th march.

Thank you very much
        Diabetes is not a communicable disease, and hence, is irrelevant. The TB skin test will always be +ve, if you either had TB or if you were inocculated against it. Hence, a chest X-ray will surely be asked for. If you tell the doctor beforehand, he/she will prescribe the chest X ray right away, thus may be a saving a day or two.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Medical Exam : Parents Immigration case on Hold.

Hello Everyone,
          My Sister is a US Citizen and she filed a petition for my parents the timeline is as below;
          - In April 2016 my sister submitted the I-130 for my parents.
          - In June 2016 she received an I-797C Notice for confirmation.
          - In a Jan 2017 case was transferred to NVC (National visa center) and they asked my parents to submit all the documents.
          - In Nov 2017 my parents received the interview invitation on Dec 2017 and perform the medical exam.

My parents booked an appointment with the panel physician and after all the tests and x-rays the Doctor said my mother`s medical is clear and she can go for the interview in Dec but my father`s chest x-ray is not looking good she think he have TB infection and they need to perform more test and the reports will come in 4-6 weeks. She asked my mother if she wants to go for the interview and mother refuse to go alone. The doctor told my parents that she will inform the embassy my father?s medical condition and hold the interview until further notices.

The Doctor asks my father to perform some test to find out if he has TB infection or not and after 2 months wait of reports she has finally diagnose that my father has a TB Infection. My father asked her to give him the report to concern with our family Doctor, but she refused and said she is not allowed by the US embassy to give or show patience any reports. My father is 70years old 100% active and fit person and he doesn?t have any symptoms of TB. The Doctor told my father as part of the US embassy requirement he needs to do 6 months treatment and every day he need to come to her clinic and the nurse will give him medicine to eat to keep the record. She also said if my father will not come to her clinic every day for 6 months, then his case will be closed as per the US embassy instructions.

Since we don?t have any option left so my father starts going to her clinic every day to eat medicine in front of the nurse. We sent an email to the US embassy to check if she is correct and got the embassy reply ?Please contact your panel physician?.

Can anyone please help or guide us what should we do now? Does anyone hear anything related to this?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X