what docs need to be notarized for Minor new OCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what docs need to be notarized for Minor new OCI

After finishing online forms now documents check list is clearly saying following Two documents need to be notarized for Minor

1. Parental Authorization form
    2. Affidavit in lieu of Originals (both parents signature (assuming child thumbprint is not needed in signature of applicant box) )

i saw somewhere in online posts saying OCI govt.application Part B needs to be notarized after both parents sign for Minor? i do not see this in final CKGS documents checklist. please confirm it if any one applied new OCI recently for minor kid. i don't know why some people add extra stuff when it is not mentioned in documents check list/instructions.
    Last edited by vikky789; 03-22-2018, 10:35 AM.

yes

Yes, those two documents.

The parental authorization form is messed up. It says the parents are signing it to confirm the child is their's. But no statement for notary. When I did it, the notary wrote something and notarized it.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
      Yes, those two documents.

The parental authorization form is messed up. It says the parents are signing it to confirm the child is their's. But no statement for notary. When I did it, the notary wrote something and notarized it.
      Thank you for reply. so no need of notarizing Part B document of Govt. OCI application form right? only signatures of both parents with date is enough on Part B right?

Comment

Where does it say

Originally posted by vikky789 View Post
        Thank you for reply. so no need of notarizing Part B document of Govt. OCI application form right? only signatures of both parents with date is enough on Part B right?
        Where does it say you have to get Part B notarized?

Comment

here it says notarized the Government form Part B
          Last edited by ceci1073; 09-15-2020, 01:34 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X