Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor's passport renewal with visa extension in process

Hi,

My daughter's passport is going to expire in August 2018. She is on L2 visa (as a dependent of my wife). Visa expired on March 1st and the company has applied for extension visa. CKGS asks for a valid visa for applying for passport renewal. Since there is no valid visa as of now, should we wait for my wife's visa extension approval or should i apply for daughter's H4 visa as my dependent?

Thanks.

Thats not true. If she has a valid I-797, you can use that too. There are various options on the first page of the application.

That said, did you submit the application?

My kid's passport is due for renewal soon and I was checking their website and looks fishy to me. The instructions are not straightforward for my taste. I read their terms and conditions and my suspicion antenna started ringing right away. I am a little wary that it is going to cost way more than just the fees they are asking. I don't mind paying a few green bills extra if they will do their job right but with so many road blocks, I have strong suspicions. Hence the question.

Comment

We got visa

Originally posted by electricfern View Post
      Thats not true. If she has a valid I-797, you can use that too. There are various options on the first page of the application.

That said, did you submit the application?

My kid's passport is due for renewal soon and I was checking their website and looks fishy to me. The instructions are not straightforward for my taste. I read their terms and conditions and my suspicion antenna started ringing right away. I am a little wary that it is going to cost way more than just the fees they are asking. I don't mind paying a few green bills extra if they will do their job right but with so many road blocks, I have strong suspicions. Hence the question.
      Hi,

Thanks for your response. We got visa quicker than expected. I started the passport renewal application. they have three options for visa.
      Yes
      No
      Pending USCIS approval

So I think for pending visa, if you have a receipt, you should be good.

It will cost more but passport is issued in a week or so.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X