Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 visa approved , but CEAC status shows administrative processing

Hi all,

My parents had their B1/B2 interview at hyderabad consulate.Very few questions asked and were finally told the golden words " Congrats, Your visa is approved and have a happy journey to US". But when I check the CEAC status, it shows administrative processing. No slips given. Can anyone provide some information on this.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by suji2010 View Post
    Hi all,

My parents had their B1/B2 interview at hyderabad consulate.Very few questions asked and were finally told the golden words " Congrats, Your visa is approved and have a happy journey to US". But when I check the CEAC status, it shows administrative processing. No slips given. Can anyone provide some information on this.

Thanks in advance.
    When this happened? Can you provide dates or number of days between the interview & online status?

At times the site doesn't show correct status, And at times, VO takes the passport & keep it for some background verification.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      When this happened? Can you provide dates or number of days between the interview & online status?

At times the site doesn't show correct status, And at times, VO takes the passport & keep it for some background verification.
      Hello,

This is an update.My parents received their passports yesterday with B1/B2 visa stamped in 4 working days after their interview.Heres the time line:

Biometric : March 21st
      Visa interview : March 22nd ( VO said visa is approved and kept the passports)
      CEAC status Administrative processing( March 22nd evening)
      March 23rd: CEAC status showed ' Issued'.
      March 27th: Message from courier service about passport delivery
      March 28th: Received passports in hand with B1/B2 stamped for 10 years
      Last edited by suji2010; 03-28-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suji2010 View Post
        Hello,

This is an update.My parents received their passports yesterday with B1/B2 visa stamped in 4 working days after their interview.Heres the time line:

Biometric : March 21st
        Visa interview : March 22nd ( VO said visa is approved and kept the passports)
        CEAC status Administrative processing( March 22nd evening)
        March 23rd: CEAC status showed ' Issued'.
        March 27th: Message from courier service about passport delivery
        March 28th: Received passports in hand with B1/B2 stamped for 10 years
        Just 2 working days to update the status - this is pretty normal.

Please consider the number of visa applicants they handle every day (hope you have seen the crowd outside embassies)
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Just 2 working days to update the status - this is pretty normal.

Please consider the number of visa applicants they handle every day (hope you have seen the crowd outside embassies)
          yes I do agree with you.

Comment

Dreddy

I have applied for my b1/b2 visa along with my parents on august 28 2018 .and my interview was on 30 th of august 2018, very few questions askd but the vo said my visa is granted , my parents received there passports the next day after the interview ,but my passport has not come till date and when i go on there website and check it says administrative process .can anyone help me with it please . My tickets are booked for 5 th of oct 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by dsr reddy View Post
              I have applied for my b1/b2 visa along with my parents on august 28 2018 .and my interview was on 30 th of august 2018, very few questions askd but the vo said my visa is granted , my parents received there passports the next day after the interview ,but my passport has not come till date and when i go on there website and check it says administrative process .can anyone help me with it please . My tickets are booked for 5 th of oct 2018.
              First you should not have booked tickets until you get your visa in your hand.

Second, its normal now a days to take weeks & months, if your application goes in administrative processing.

Did they kept your passport? If yes, you have high chances for getting the visa. If they reach out to you for more documentation, its a good sign & you should respond asap with required documentation.

Comment

Hi,

I had my interview for B1/B2 last Wednesday (Sep 4, 2019) in HYD, Ind. The interview went smoothly but the consulate who interviewed me said my Visa Approved and she kept the passport. She did not give me any kind of paper. I checked my status now and it still says administrative processing and its in the same status with no updates for a week now.

What is this all about? How long I have to wait here. My passport is also with them. Can anyone let me know about this.

Comment

sammy91 Hi
                  i also had my interview few days back for B2 and they said my visa is approved and I do got a slip which says thank you for your application ! Your passport and visa will be sent to the location selected when you made your application . I don’t know anything about administrative processing , I’ve googled it and it also says my status is pending which I again cross checked with friends and they said if I’ve got the slip thee won’t be any problem but still I’m worried because I’ve booked my tickets . I should get my passport in 2 working days

Comment

Originally posted by sammy91 View Post
                    Hi,

I had my interview for B1/B2 last Wednesday (Sep 4, 2019) in HYD, Ind. The interview went smoothly but the consulate who interviewed me said my Visa Approved and she kept the passport. She did not give me any kind of paper. I checked my status now and it still says administrative processing and its in the same status with no updates for a week now.

What is this all about? How long I have to wait here. My passport is also with them. Can anyone let me know about this.
                    Hi

Did u get your passport back? I applied for b1/b2 visa on 24 sep 2019 in hyderabad and it still shows administrative processing. Any idea how long its gonna take?

Comment

The admin processing takes different amount of time for different applicants - it all depends on what they saw in your profile & who all (may be third parties) need to review that before they can approve your visa.

Comment

Hi,
                        i apploed fro my parents b1b2 visa renewal via Dropbox .
                        and after few days my mom got her passport back with 221g asking her to come in for interview and her old visa they stamped cancelled without prejudice . And my dads passport is still with them.

What kind of of questions would that ask ? Any idea?
                        And what doc do I need to be prepared with ? ( the slip did not ask for any additional documents)!

anyone in same situation. Pl help.

Comment

Originally posted by sderiis

Thanks Sderiis !

Comment

Hello me and my mom had interview for b2 visa on 4th dec and got approved. Received an approved slip. My mom got her issued passport on 6th, but My status showing administration process from the date of interview its almost 9 working days passed. Can any suggest me whats going on?

Comment

Ajaykum - What is your Visa office? My wife had an interview on 11th Dec but it's sawing the administration process in Mumbai VO.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X