Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for weak-minded person

Hi All,
    I would like to know what is the way to apply for Visitor Visa(Tourist) for weak-minded person who can't go for personal interview on her own? My parents already have visitor visa so I can't apply for them along with my sister who is weak-minded. Could you please suggest a way on how to handle such situation? Is there any way for my dad to accompany her for her visa interview? If yes then how to go about it and what steps to be followed?

BTW her age is already above 30. My parents are planning to come for a visit and she can't stay alone there in India. My parents have already visited US once and planning to come once again. They have 10 years multiple visit visa already so no need to apply once again.

Also would like to know what are the chances of getting her visa? She is definitely not planning to stay here for long term and she has to be with my parents.

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

I'm not sure what you mean by weak-minded - all people are weak-minded to some degree or another, and fare better or worse than others in adversarial inquisitions like a visa interview

Tourist visa approval rates are generally low across the board, in the first place. Congratulations on your parents getting them, and best of luck to your sister at her interview

Comment

Hi,
      In my sister's case, she is bit more weak-minded and will not be able to handle the interview or overall interview process on her own. She will have to go with any other adult. In that case how can we go about it?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mihir11max View Post
        Hi,
        In my sister's case, she is bit more weak-minded and will not be able to handle the interview or overall interview process on her own. She will have to go with any other adult. In that case how can we go about it?

Thanks
        Do you have any medical certificate for her mental situation ? If yes, she can apply as disabled & can have someone (US visa holder) accompany her for visa on special appointment.

Contact local US embassy directly.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Do you have any medical certificate for her mental situation ? If yes, she can apply as disabled & can have someone (US visa holder) accompany her for visa on special appointment.

Contact local US embassy directly.
          Hi,
          We dont have medical certificate as such as it was never required but we can surely get from the doctor. Sure, I will surely reach out to local US embassy directly to find out more. Thanks so much for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by mihir11max View Post
            Hi,
            We dont have medical certificate as such as it was never required but we can surely get from the doctor. Sure, I will surely reach out to local US embassy directly to find out more. Thanks so much for the response.
            Best of luck - with proper documentations & proofs, she can definitely get her visa.

You can also have local doctors refer her to any better US doctor & the purpose of the visit can include treatment in USA. Note that by saying so, you'll need to show enough bank balance to treat here in USA.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X