Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD renewal

Hi all,

I just now saw the new USCIS website update. It was expected that they changed the processing time to a much longer waiting time for every application now...

I have a pending I-485 marriage-based. I had my EAD in Aug 2017 and will expire soon in Aug 2018. I'm about to start a new job next week, and I don't want a gap in between that will effect my employment.

1/ I have my renewal application filed and ready, but I remember reading somewhere that they won't except it 120 days before the expiration date. Is that true? But according to the new processing time (2.5 - 5 months), I'm already running late on sending it. Should I go ahead and send it?
    2/ I read that there is an automated 6-month extension for EAD based on family based I-485, is that also true?
    3/ Is the "no fee if sent with I-485" still applied for the renewal? Because it would suck to spend ~500 to renew at least a couple times (since processing time for I-485 is 11-20 months where I filed).

Thank you

Originally posted by ooadaoo View Post
    Hi all,

I just now saw the new USCIS website update. It was expected that they changed the processing time to a much longer waiting time for every application now...

I have a pending I-485 marriage-based. I had my EAD in Aug 2017 and will expire soon in Aug 2018. I'm about to start a new job next week, and I don't want a gap in between that will effect my employment.

1/ I have my renewal application filed and ready, but I remember reading somewhere that they won't except it 120 days before the expiration date. Is that true? But according to the new processing time (2.5 - 5 months), I'm already running late on sending it. Should I go ahead and send it?
    2/ I read that there is an automated 6-month extension for EAD based on family based I-485, is that also true?
    3/ Is the "no fee if sent with I-485" still applied for the renewal? Because it would suck to spend ~500 to renew at least a couple times (since processing time for I-485 is 11-20 months where I filed).

Thank you
    1. You can file for renewal 180 days before expiration https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/empl...ation-document
    2. Correct https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension
    3. As far as i know yes since you don't have a greencard yet and your AOS is still pending
    This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
    122017 - PD
    012518 - Biometrics
    033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
    062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
    082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
    090418 - 2nd we scheduled
    091018 - first interview canceled
    092118 - Request to reschedule int
    102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
    030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand