Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congressman

Does a Congressman really help?
    I called the congressman of my region a month ago and an assistant who picked the call told me that accessing my case through them, would pull it back from uscis and the processing time would take even longer.
    Now I called them again and the same guy asked me many information about my case and then told me that I will receive a form by mail and when I send it back to them, I will get a response within 2 months..
    I dont see how it can be helpful for someone who has already waited 6 months for the EAD card with no news, no updates..

You're dealing with the wrong Congressional office and staff. In my experience, when a Congressional office has a staff person who handles immigration requests, it works much differently than how you describe.

1. You must first provide the office with a signed release to use your information to assist you.
    2. After they have your information, an inquiry is made to the Federal agency (DHS or State Department) which has your case, and a response is received within a week or 10 days.
    3. There is no reason to expect your case processing to take longer with Congressional intervention.

-Ray B

Originally posted by Louisie View Post
    Does a Congressman really help?
    I called the congressman of my region a month ago and an assistant who picked the call told me that accessing my case through them, would pull it back from uscis and the processing time would take even longer.
    Now I called them again and the same guy asked me many information about my case and then told me that I will receive a form by mail and when I send it back to them, I will get a response within 2 months..
    I dont see how it can be helpful for someone who has already waited 6 months for the EAD card with no news, no updates..

Comment

Thank you Rayb, I think exactly the same!
      But I was told to google the congressman of my region in Florida and this office appears to be the only one..
      How do I find out the right office?

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      You're dealing with the wrong Congressional office and staff. In my experience, when a Congressional office has a staff person who handles immigration requests, it works much differently than how you describe.

1. You must first provide the office with a signed release to use your information to assist you.
      2. After they have your information, an inquiry is made to the Federal agency (DHS or State Department) which has your case, and a response is received within a week or 10 days.
      3. There is no reason to expect your case processing to take longer with Congressional intervention.

-Ray B

Comment

any state or Federal political office that serves your area can be approached to find out if they are willing to get involved with immigration issues. Don't give any indication that you are shopping around to find the right office to help you, as they may decline to help if you are believed to be "shopping around" for help.

--Ray B

Thank you Rayb, I think exactly the same!
        But I was told to google the congressman of my region in Florida and this office appears to be the only one..
        How do I find out the right office?
        Last edited by rayb; 03-23-2018, 01:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Actually I am trying to find out who deals with immigration and I am totally lost.
          It is not clear in any Congressman website...
          But I think I have found now one and I will try to fill the consent form and send it to him. Tks for the help

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          any state or Federal political office that serves your area can be approached to find out if they are willing to get involved with immigration issues. Don't give any indication that you are shopping around to find the right office to help you, as they may decline to help if you are believed to be "shopping around" for help.

--Ray B

Comment

Actually I am trying to find out who deals with immigration and I am totally lost.
            It is not clear in any Congressman website...
            But I think I have found now one and I will try to fill the consent form and send it to him. Tks for the help
            Who is the Congressman you are talking to?

I am also trying and I live in Coconut Creek..

Comment

I was trying Mrs Val Demings..No success, I think it is the thing that @Rayb said, wrong congressional office, they are not used to deal with immigration issues.

Originally posted by CamillaB View Post
              Who is the Congressman you are talking to?

I am also trying and I live in Coconut Creek..

Comment

I was trying Mrs Val Demings..No success, I think it is the thing that @Rayb said, wrong congressional office, they are not used to deal with immigration issues.
                I live in Florida too and a week ago I sent an email to Mrs. Val Demings asking for help with my I-765 application over 90 days . Yesterday I sent her the authorization form by fax and I didn't receive any answer yet.

What's your experience with Mrs. Val Demings?

Comment

I had no success with her office..They asked me up to 60 days to give me a response. Almost more than uscis lol

Originally posted by N_Agostini View Post
                  I live in Florida too and a week ago I sent an email to Mrs. Val Demings asking for help with my I-765 application over 90 days . Yesterday I sent her the authorization form by fax and I didn't receive any answer yet.

What's your experience with Mrs. Val Demings?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X