Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning on L1-A after one year of outside US stay, 6 years of H1B over

Hello,

I am working for a major MNC for the last 6 years and finished my 6 year H1B tenure in May 2017 and returned to India. Due to some business decision, my GC application to be filed through the PERM process could not happen. I am still an employee for the same company.

I am a direct hire to the US company, after I finished my Masters. I am working from home for the same business unit as I was working for and resumed my duties without any break, to save time. I am working in the same role and supporting the same functions of the company as I was before I left, only my current location is India and I am considered on an international assignment. My salary gets deposited in the US bank account, and I am on an international payroll.

The intent is to return after completing the mandatory '365 days' of stay outside of US. When the decision was made for me to stay outside for a year and then return, it was decided then that I would return as a functional manager (L1-A). I am not sure if that is still that case (management decision pending) or if I will return on L1-B (Blanket).

Should I have been in a functional manager or any managerial position for a year to return on L1-A or will it not make any difference for the functional manager role? In case of L1-B, as what I do is specialized knowledge work, can I return on the same position or would it be better if I move to the next higher position for my role? How would the visa officer / USCIS approach my case in this regard?

I want to know if anybody has been in a similar situation and what experiences ( along with hurdles!) he/she may have faced. Would appreciate all the help given.

Thank you in advance.

You qualify for L1A & it is in best interest of you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X