Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERM filing through Fragomen ...

Hi,

I am guessing some people over here might have more experience with this particular law firm! I recently completed a year with my company (full-time employee, mid-sized American Tech firm). My position is that of a Research Scientist, and I gained a Master's degree in the STEM vertical in the US, before joining my firm. Prior to that have a couple of years of work experience in a field somewhat different from my current area of work.

My status right now is STEM OPT(F1), this will be the second time my firm will be filing my H1B(fingers crossed!). For my country of birth EB2 and EB3 P.D, both are current.

My questions -

1)Fragomen seem to be slacky with responses and overall services (Spoke to a colleague and kind of related similar opinions). Again my manager cant do much as Fragomen is our official immigration "vendor" if one can say! I submitted all docs and info as per a template document to initiate my GC process, havent heard back from them. Last I heard a couple of weeks ago (from the Paralegal) was that the attorney was reviewing my docs. What have youe exeriences been in this regard with respect to Fragomen? How much time do they actually take to file the PERM?

2) Should I file an EB3 just to be on the safe side? Waiting times seem somewhat linear.

3) My STEM OPT expires in Aug 2019, if I don't manage to land an H1b, do you think its a viable option of fast-tracking the GC process somehow? Is that possible?

I guess that's a lot of questions! I am a bit anxious starting out with this process ... this forum has some really nice insight to offer. Getting feedback from the more experienced lot over would definetly of some confort to me.

Fragoman is handling my case as well. Just like you said, they are the official immigration law firm where I work as well. I recently read some reviews on Yelp and they were scary. But it is out of my hands because as an employee, I have to go with the official immigration law firm.

In my personal experience though, they are alright. Sometimes they keep crucial updates between themselves and HR for months and only later make a reference about them for me to find out. The particular lawyer working on my case seems quite arrogant but responds promptly. He is running 6 months behind the schedule he gave at the start of my case.

Comment

Working with Fragomen as well.

We initiated the GC application last April 2018. Last time I heard, we are still in recruitment process

My i-94 will expire in 5 months

Comment

Originally posted by kent_moore View Post
        Working with Fragomen as well.

We initiated the GC application last April 2018. Last time I heard, we are still in recruitment process

My i-94 will expire in 5 months
        If you can, go on a 3 month vacation or work from out-of-usa so you could re-capture that time. Don't count on Fragomen to give you sound advice on time.

Comment

I used a similar large well known firm for my first green card application. It was a terrible experience. They had interns doing the heavy lifting on the application with the partner giving it a quick review. I found mistakes in it. Green card application failed in the end which wasn’t totally their fault but they weren’t great either.

second application I considered Fragomen but in the end went with a very small company where the head attorney was hands on with my case.

the quality of the work was night and day and the second GC flew through

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X