Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Lost - UPS Lost/Misplaced my Passport

Hi All,

I applied for passport renewal last month through CKGS Atlanta. The new passport was sent to me on 3/26 and was supposed to be delivered by UPS next day to my home address in GA.
    Unfortunately I didn't received the package(new and old passport). UPS logged an investigation on 3/28 for missing package and I escalated the matter to few UPS officials corporate groups via emails. I got calls from different UPS dept's but till 3/30(Friday), they said that they are unable to track the package and would reach out to CKGS ATL on 4/2 Mon.

Any guidance with the next steps would be appreciated.

Thanks

CKGS Lost my Indian Passport

The CKGS office has been giving me such a hard time. I sent all my documents as per the checklist with my original Indian passport via UPS. The package was delivered successfully and then my application is put on hold coz my passport is missing. I was absolutely sure that I sent my passport , even then I searched the entire house and called up the UPS store from where I shipped to search their premise and they did and did not get anything. They asked me for the time of shipping the documents after which they saw the video footage and confirmed to me that I put in the passport and sealed the envelope. Now the UPS has proof that the package was delivered and theres a signature of a person named PATEL from CKGS who received the package . Now how can only the passport vanish. I have been calling them non stop. They are now asking me to apply under lost category and pay an additional 75$ on top of the 100.34 I paid for renewal.

Then I get a call from their office trying to emotionally pressurize me saying they will lose their jobs and tried to shift the blame on to me. I clearly mentioned that I have video evidence that I sent my passport.

Now i have to produce 2 more documents plus send them via courier again to get my application processed for my new passport.

Absolutely irresponsible attitude shown by the CKGS office. I really want to take this up further and if needed take it to the court of law. I am in so much mental stress and tension because of this issue and on top of that, I have already spent almost 200$ on this and asked to pay more.

can someone guide me on how to proceed further on this?

Comment

Don't give up

Originally posted by vidvin View Post
      The CKGS office has been giving me such a hard time. I sent all my documents as per the checklist with my original Indian passport via UPS. The package was delivered successfully and then my application is put on hold coz my passport is missing. I was absolutely sure that I sent my passport , even then I searched the entire house and called up the UPS store from where I shipped to search their premise and they did and did not get anything. They asked me for the time of shipping the documents after which they saw the video footage and confirmed to me that I put in the passport and sealed the envelope. Now the UPS has proof that the package was delivered and theres a signature of a person named PATEL from CKGS who received the package . Now how can only the passport vanish. I have been calling them non stop. They are now asking me to apply under lost category and pay an additional 75$ on top of the 100.34 I paid for renewal.

Then I get a call from their office trying to emotionally pressurize me saying they will lose their jobs and tried to shift the blame on to me. I clearly mentioned that I have video evidence that I sent my passport.

Now i have to produce 2 more documents plus send them via courier again to get my application processed for my new passport.

Absolutely irresponsible attitude shown by the CKGS office. I really want to take this up further and if needed take it to the court of law. I am in so much mental stress and tension because of this issue and on top of that, I have already spent almost 200$ on this and asked to pay more.

can someone guide me on how to proceed further on this?
      Keep calling them and use the customer service portal or email to report the problem. I had my kid's PIO lost when applying for OCI (in-lieu-of). The online status and email said the process in on hold. But they soon found the PIO and changed the status. When I called, they didn't answer my question, but said everything is fine. I was in panic when I received the message below.

Your Application continues to be 'On Hold' due to 'Pending Documents'. Below is the list of documents received and documents pending

Reason Document Name Remarks Status
      Pending Additional Document Online Payment Receipt Is Missing Received
      OCI Letter - Print this OCI letter and submit alongwith the documents Is Missing Received
      Current PIO Card Is Missing Received

Everything worked fine after that. May be we should keep video of all actions for proof!!

Comment

Originally posted by gautap01 View Post
        Hi All,

I applied for passport renewal last month through CKGS Atlanta. The new passport was sent to me on 3/26 and was supposed to be delivered by UPS next day to my home address in GA.
        Unfortunately I didn't received the package(new and old passport). UPS logged an investigation on 3/28 for missing package and I escalated the matter to few UPS officials corporate groups via emails. I got calls from different UPS dept's but till 3/30(Friday), they said that they are unable to track the package and would reach out to CKGS ATL on 4/2 Mon.

Any guidance with the next steps would be appreciated.

Thanks
        Hello gautap01, What was your experience with lost package by UPS while returning, I am experiencing same issue. Did CKGS help ? any suggestion?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X