Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TN until 2018 and my I-140 was approved. Traveling across boarder. Is it SAFE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN until 2018 and my I-140 was approved. Traveling across boarder. Is it SAFE?

Hi, I have a valid TN until 2020 and my I-140 was approved a few days ago. I have opted to do an interview at the US Consulate in Canada. Is it safe for me to travel across the border to Canada and back to the US?

Yes, but you would forfeit your advance parole, if you applied for it.

Comment

TN until 2018 and my I-140 was approved. Traveling across boarder. Is it SAFE?

Originally posted by kanada View Post
      Hi, I have a valid TN until 2020 and my I-140 was approved a few days ago. I have opted to do an interview at the US Consulate in Canada. Is it safe for me to travel across the border to Canada and back to the US?
      Hi Kanada and Cheburashka,

I have been looking for a posting like this for days now but great I came across one thing.
      I have a similar case with Kanada, I just go my I-140 approved under E2 and have about 10 months on my TN.
      I have read a lot of post that Consular Processing is safe than AOS and I have chose that option, however since I have a valid TN, can I cross the border or there is a risk when entering been accused of dual intent since I-140 is approved and file on its way to NVC?
      I am really curious and recently cancelled a trip until I find answers!
      Kanada, seems you posted this in January? have you crossed the border since you have your I-140 approved?
      Cheburashka- Not sure of your response but I gathered only AOS applicant can apply for Advance parole and EAD, NOT Consular Processing candidates- so am not sure.
      Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by kanada View Post
        Kanata, please what is update on this? Are you able to go through border without any issue or concern?

Comment

Advance parole is only for adjustment of status candidate - this is for consular processing at a Canadian consulate.
          BTW for other people seeking answers to this question , a number of Canadians are able to cross border successively at an active stage of their GC processing but make sure each time you cross you tell the truth to the officer if asked any question about it and also carry a letter from your employer- hope this helps!

Originally posted by Cheburashka View Post

Comment

I see what you mean ?
            But if you are going through CP, my understanding is that you do not need an advance parole intact you can?t apply for one.
            Only adjustment of status candidate can apply for EAD and advance parole at the same time because without the advance parole - if they travel outside the U.S then it?s considered they have abandoned their GC application.
            In summary, getting green card via consular processing doesn?t require advance parole!!!

Thanks

Originally posted by Cheburashka View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X