Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manchalus View Post
    Hello Max,

I have received email from consulate to submit passport for final processing around 15:00 hrs . But status is still in AP. I will submit passport today or tomorrow. Finally little relief.

Good luck.
    That's great news! Congratulations! Did you mail to the email id given in the 221(g) yellow slip, and did you just enquire about the status or was it more detailed? Thanks again for all the updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Eindhoven View Post
      That's great news! Congratulations! Did you mail to the email id given in the 221(g) yellow slip, and did you just enquire about the status or was it more detailed? Thanks again for all the updates!
      Hello Max_Eindhoven,

Thank you. I have sent a generic email asking status of the case since it was 4 weeks. Yes it was same email ID mentioned on 221(g) yellow slip.

Good luck

Comment

Hello Max_Eindhoven,

Thank you. I have sent a generic email asking status of the case since it was 4 weeks. Yes it was same email ID mentioned on 221(g) yellow slip.

Good luck
        Hey, did you get your visa stamped passport back? How long does it take from sending the passport to getting it back, approximately? My travel dates are getting closer and I'd like to know how long I can afford to wait. Thanks!

Comment

Hey, did you get your visa stamped passport back? How long does it take from sending the passport to getting it back, approximately? My travel dates are getting closer and I'd like to know how long I can afford to wait. Thanks!
          Hi Max_Eindhoven,

My visa status changed to issued an hour ago. I hope I will get passport in 3-4 working days. My passport was delivered to them on 30 April. So, you may calculate at least 8-10 working days from sending passport to getting back (I am not sure about this yet).

You can follow my full track of my 221(g) here: https://www.immihelp.com/user-profil...g-tracker-2463

I hope you will get soon. Good luck.
          Last edited by manchalus; 05-08-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Hi Max_Eindhoven,

My visa status changed to issued an hour ago. I hope I will get passport in 3-4 working days. My passport was delivered to them on 30 April. So, you may calculate at least 8-10 working days from sending passport to getting back (I am not sure about this yet).

You can follow my full track of my 221(g) here: https://www.immihelp.com/user-profil...g-tracker-2463

Thanks for the info, Manchalus! Have a safe trip

Comment

Thanks for the info, Manchalus! Have a safe trip
              Hi Max,

Thank you.

I just received my passport with visa stamp. I just got 1 year validity only unlike usual 10 years

How about your status? Did they asked passport to submit?

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Max,

Thank you.

I just received my passport with visa stamp. I just got 1 year validity only unlike usual 10 years

Good luck.
                Hi Manchalus,

Yes, after a couple of emails they finally asked me to submit the passport last week. I submitted it on 9th May. Hoping to get it back in another week. I'm also expecting a one year visa, that's typically the case after AP.

Hopefully the next time we apply for a B1/B2, it would be directly accepted!

Have a safe trip and a good conference!

Cheers,
                Max

Comment

Administrative Processing for B2 Visa??

Hi Guys,
                  Please reply at the earliest.

My Parents interviewed at New Delhi consulate for B2 Visa.
                  Interview date: 8:00 Am , May 14 (Today)

He is a central Govt Employee in India.
                  Interview took 1 minute, 3 questions and VO said Approved.

Now when I check the status online, It says Admin processing.
                  No documents asked.

My Question: Is it normal to appear Admin processing for initial couple of days before visa is issued.
                  I understand that it takes at-least 1-2 days for VISA to be issued.

Only concern is, Admin processing status is for everyone whose VISA is approved and not issued.
                  OR,
                  Admin Processing is updated only in the cases where there is a Red flag?

Please reply, I was thinking of booking their tickets for next week.

Comment

Originally posted by rohitsharmadav View Post
                    Hi Guys,
                    Please reply at the earliest.

My Parents interviewed at New Delhi consulate for B2 Visa.
                    Interview date: 8:00 Am , May 14 (Today)

He is a central Govt Employee in India.
                    Interview took 1 minute, 3 questions and VO said Approved.

Now when I check the status online, It says Admin processing.
                    No documents asked.

My Question: Is it normal to appear Admin processing for initial couple of days before visa is issued.
                    I understand that it takes at-least 1-2 days for VISA to be issued.

Only concern is, Admin processing status is for everyone whose VISA is approved and not issued.
                    OR,
                    Admin Processing is updated only in the cases where there is a Red flag?

Please reply, I was thinking of booking their tickets for next week.
                    That's normal. In a day or two, the status should change to issued.

PS: Don't intrude into others' thread with unrelated queries. You can always start a new post or find related ones.

Comment

Hi Manchalus,

Yes, after a couple of emails they finally asked me to submit the passport last week. I submitted it on 9th May. Hoping to get it back in another week. I'm also expecting a one year visa, that's typically the case after AP.

Hopefully the next time we apply for a B1/B2, it would be directly accepted!

Have a safe trip and a good conference!

Cheers,
                      Max
                      Dear Max-Eindhoven,

Did you get your visa and passport back? I wanted to know what documents you are carrying to the port of entry? Did you buy any travel/health insurance?

Thankyou.

Cheers,
                      Manchalu

Comment

Hi Max,

Thank you.

Good luck.
                        Hi Can you please let me know why only 1 year visa after AP.. Even i got one year visa.

Comment

Dear Max-Eindhoven,

Did you get your visa and passport back? I wanted to know what documents you are carrying to the port of entry? Did you buy any travel/health insurance?

Thankyou.

Cheers,
                          Manchalu
                          Dear Manchalu,

It has been a roller coaster of a ride for the last one week or so. I submitted my passport two weeks ago, but they really put me on limbo. Last week they said they are gonna send it on Friday, but they never did. When I enquired, they informed me that one last approval is required and that the visa is not ready to be stamped yet! But I had made all the reservations for my travel, starting this Sunday. In the last two days, I kept mailing them back and forth to show the urgency of the situation. Finally, 5 minutes ago they said its ready and I can pick it up directly at the consulate tomorrow, so that my travel doesn't need to be delayed. It s a moment of great joy, after being in such a frustrated mood for a few days.

Honestly, I haven't thought much about the documents required at the port of entry yet, coz of this whole fiasco. But I think I'll carry these documents:
                          - return flight ticket
                          - Conference invitation, acceptance, program
                          - Hotel booking
                          - My employment contract from here

That's all I can think of now. Did you have something else on your list?

Great to have you in the same boat! Its such an unfair system, I think. This trip better be worth all I've been through - especially the time that I spent checking and rechecking the status.

Best,
                          Max

Comment

Originally posted by chaudharik View Post
                            Hi Can you please let me know why only 1 year visa after AP.. Even i got one year visa.
                            Hello Chaudharik,

Well the reason they give is that since you are working on a research filed included in the TAL, they can't give you a long term approval. They would constantly monitor your research topic and give you approval then and there. They used to give 2 year and 5 year visas till recently, that's what my colleagues told me. Nowadays, if you've been through AP and you do scientific research, you normally get a 1 year visa.

Comment

Congratulations to both of you !!
                              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

RE: same situation for a conference in the US

Hi Max_Eindhoven,

Hi guys,

Congrats to you both on getting your Visas for the conference. Unfortunately, I am stuck in the same boat and would like some advice on it.

I had my Visa interview on 8th June 2018 at the embassy in Frankfurt and I wish to travel on the 12th of July.

May I know what you guys wrote to them after the 4 weeks? I have about 12 days to go for my conference and I wrote back to them a week ago and they said Unfortunately the case is still being processed. There don't give any details so far and I guess it is a lost hope. Nevertheless I want to remind them about it so I was looking for some advice on how to write to them without pissing them off!

Thank!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X