Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in Thailand ?

Hello everybody,
    Recently, I had a job offer for a good job but there is one important detail: I have to move to Thailand. I currently live in France. It is sure that it is far and it is not the same way of life, I know very little Thailand so I would like to know if among you there are people who know a little? even if it was just for a vacation, a simple return will be appreciated. Opinions on the different visas will be a good start also .. I hope to have some news because I'm really going to the unknown
    I wish you a good day

Originally posted by CaraTroti View Post
    Hello everybody,
    Recently, I had a job offer for a good job but there is one important detail: I have to move to Thailand. I currently live in France. It is sure that it is far and it is not the same way of life, I know very little Thailand so I would like to know if among you there are people who know a little? even if it was just for a vacation, a simple return will be appreciated. Opinions on the different visas will be a good start also .. I hope to have some news because I'm really going to the unknown
    I wish you a good day
    Hi !

I think I can help you with it. I've worked for a long time in Bangkok. As the forum is mostly focused on visa issues, I think I'll help you with it first.

> Opinions on the different visa will be a good start
    If you received a job offer in Thailand, your company is supposed to handle it for you. I mean, getting a work permit in Thailand without being seconded by your company is impossible. A lot of paperwork has to be provided by the company, you cannot do it on your own.

Also, you should avoid working without the correct Visa. If you get caught working under a tourist visa, you'll end up getting troubles. Just make sure your company can provide the necessary support to get a proper work permit.

As regards Thailand, this is an awesome country. Cheap, awesome food, huge opportunities for city breaks, travels, islands, etc. I think you'll love it, but it depends on your lifestyle/personality/etc.

When are you arriving? Have you planned it all already, or are you just considering it for now ??

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for your reply MaryneKoslo. Indeed at this moment I discuss with my company about different visas, papers to collect, etc but I look on my side too. I have seen many issues related to this topic in many forums so I try to learn as much as I can.
      I am someone who likes traveling, discovering new things, meeting people so it will not be a problem.
      I start to organize slowly, my departure for thailand is scheduled for late August, early September. At the moment I am trying to look at companies that can carry some of my personal belongings internationally at a fair price and a good follow up of the process but it is not obvious ..
      How was your installation? where were you before thailand?
      Thanks for your help

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply MaryneKoslo. Indeed at this moment I discuss with my company about different visas, papers to collect, etc but I look on my side too. I have seen many issues related to this topic in many forums so I try to learn as much as I can.
        I am someone who likes traveling, discovering new things, meeting people so it will not be a problem.
        I start to organize slowly, my departure for thailand is scheduled for late August, early September. At the moment I am trying to look at companies that can carry some of my personal belongings internationally at a fair price and a good follow up of the process but it is not obvious ..
        How was your installation? where were you before thailand?
        Thanks for your help
        Yes... Visa stuff is always a bit tricky. But ideally, your company is supposed to help you. Anyway, you cannot get a Work Permit in this country without being seconded by your company, NO WAY. So be careful and try to make things as clear as possible with them. A lot of expats live in Thailand without proper VISA, but when it comes to work, things might change and authorities are way less indulgent. Some friends of mine got kicked out of the country when discovered in a co-working space without VISA... It's just a warning

Plus, you should know that relocation companies will ask for your work permit if you want tax exemptions when relocating to Thailand.

Late August/early September is ok, but you should start to have a closer look at it. Planning an international relocation might be long

>>>How was your installation? where were you before thailand?

It turned out to be quite an easy process I've relocated there from KL, after quitting my former job ! Love it

Comment

Hello,
          Yes indeed I have heard a lot of stories about visa problems in Thailand, I will see this with my company and everything will be fine
          I know I have to find out about companies that offer an international moving service, but I want something serious and reliable. Do you remember which company did you use? it can always help me or guide me in my research
          Thank you

Comment

Hello,
            Yes indeed I have heard a lot of stories about visa problems in Thailand, I will see this with my company and everything will be fine
            I know I have to find out about companies that offer an international moving service, but I want something serious and reliable. Do you remember which company did you use? it can always help me or guide me in my research
            Thank you
            Hi,

If you want something serious and reliable, ask for a quotation to the same company I used. It was cheaper than what I was expecting and they handled my relocation from door to door in a smooth way. They always kept me on the loop, and I appreciated their reactivity and transparency.

Check out their website, you can ask for a quotation directly on the website. It's free and easy : https://siam-relocation.com

Let me know which company you'll choose at the end, I'm curious lol

And if you still have additional questions, feel free to ask

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X