Expediting your EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by island_gurl View Post
    Which interview notification did you receive and where are you located.
    An interview for the I-485. It was an I-767 Notice of Action sheet. I am in CT

Comment

Originally posted by filed-Jan-31-18 View Post
      An interview for the I-485. It was an I-767 Notice of Action sheet. I am in CT
      Congrats, I also submitted the expedite request, still waiting for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by filed-Jan-31-18 View Post
        Hello everyone, I applied to the NBC on 1/31/18 for the I-765 based on marriage. I want to share a timeline of my expedite request for those of you considering it and those waiting:
        4/16: Called USCIS asking for expedite citing financial reasons - was recently unemployed but had a job offer starting on 4/30
        4/17: Received email asking for proof of job offer. Faxed offer letter same day
        4/21: Receive interview appointment letter (not sure whether this is because of expediting, my online status showed no changes). Interview is on 5/21
        4/24: Call USCIS to get an update on I-765. Directed to an officer and I tell them of my situation. They tell me that there are no updates and say there is no need to do a service request. They offer no timeline either. I contact my prospective employer and they agree to push back on my start date.
        5/2: Get a notice - New Card is Being Produced

If you are currently waiting for an expedite request you can try what I did and call them and restate your case. I think it helps.

If you are considering expediting yours and you have the evidence, you should do it.

I will place an update once I get the actual card. Good luck to you all. Be patient but keep pushing!

- - - Updated - - -

Great news! I got that today too. We'll see how long it'll be but it's good that there is progress!
        My card has "being produced" status as of a few days ago. I also submitted at end of January and I never raised an SR or expedite request. So it looks like the expedite may have helped a bit but didn't make a huge difference.

Did you get the card?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X