Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 VISA petition outside the US (Portugal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 VISA petition outside the US (Portugal)

Hi,

My fianc?e and I want to get married in the US and start a life there and for that we are thinking to apply for a K1 VISA for her.

I'm an American citizen living in Portugal for 5 years with her. Now to make a life change we are thinking in start a new future in the US and for that she will need this VISA or a spouce VISA ( if we get married here).

My big question is if I can apply for the VISA being in Portugal or do I have to come back to the US to do it? I have an address in the US but I'm not there physically... for now. We wanted to go together...

Thank you for all the possible help.

Jason

You don't have to be physically living in the US in order to file the I-129F. You can do it from Portugal. I suggest you get a family member/friend to help you file in the US. You can do it remotely.
    Keep in mind that after your fiance's K-1 is approved, you will most likely have to come here with her (I-134 affidavit of support terms).
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X