Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I864 AOS Help

Hello all,
    I am trying to navigate the AOS package...can you please help.
    US citizen petitioning for my 1 yr old daughter...I am married and we will be living with my brother and his wife.

me the Petitioner - unemployed
    husband of petitioner - employed for 1 year filed his taxes in 2017 ...annual income 29K
    brother of petitioner - employed for over 3 years....has filed his taxes for the last 3 years....annual income 90k
    brothers wife (sister in law) - unemployed but files jointly on the taxes with her husband.

I did ample research on this and there seems to be different variations and recommendations on what forums I can fill out I864/I864A....just looking for the safest option that would knock this out from the first try....all is on board to sign the financial obligation if need be.

thanks

I assume your husband would have filed married jointly taxes. His income is sufficient to support household size of 3 person (Assuming there are you+husband+ beneficiary daughter). If there is any extra person in family then his income is not sufficient. You can check HHS poverty guidelines

For family of 3 person case,
    I assume your husband would have mentioned you on taxes. Then you can file I-864 with your income 0 and add your husband's income to appropriate section and your husband also fills out I-864A.

If that's not the case of household size,
    then you can add other assets mentioned in part 7 of the form OR you can have joint co-sponsor. In that case, Joint co-sponsor will also fill separate I-864.

-Not a legal advice. Just sharing what I understand.

Originally posted by queenfairy View Post
    Hello all,
    US citizen petitioning for my 1 yr old daughter...I am married and we will be living with my brother and his wife.

husband of petitioner - employed for 1 year filed his taxes in 2017 ...annual income 29K
    brother of petitioner - employed for over 3 years....has filed his taxes for the last 3 years....annual income 90k
    brothers wife (sister in law) - unemployed but files jointly on the taxes with her husband.

I did ample research on this and there seems to be different variations and recommendations on what forums I can fill out I864/I864A....just looking for the safest option that would knock this out from the first try....all is on board to sign the financial obligation if need be.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by queenfairy View Post
      Hello all,

thanks
      Is this your biological daughter or step-daughter?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X