Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OCI Card - grandparent details / Great grandparents details

Hi,

Me and my wife are indian citizens on L1/L2 visa and I am applying for a new OCI card for my child, I wanted to ask this forum if anybody has information on the following

- Is it mandatory to provide details of grandparents even if parents are Indian citizens? Also do I need to provide details for great grand parents too?
    - If I need to provide the details of grand parents then is it mandatory to provide details of both paternal and maternal side or I can just provide one side?

Thanks,

any help guys ?

Comment

Try

Originally posted by ions.quantam View Post
      Hi,

Me and my wife are indian citizens on L1/L2 visa and I am applying for a new OCI card for my child, I wanted to ask this forum if anybody has information on the following

- Is it mandatory to provide details of grandparents even if parents are Indian citizens? Also do I need to provide details for great grand parents too?
      - If I need to provide the details of grand parents then is it mandatory to provide details of both paternal and maternal side or I can just provide one side?

Thanks,
      Did you start the application process? What does it say when you don't fill in grandparents information? Does it say, give warning or error message?

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
        Did you start the application process? What does it say when you don't fill in grandparents information? Does it say, give warning or error message?
        It does not allow me to continue but if I give grandparents details it does allow me to continue. The thing that is confusing is do I need to fill both maternal and paternal side of grandparent details or is it ok to just fill one as the minimum requirement ?

Comment

Just the minimum

Originally posted by ions.quantam View Post
          It does not allow me to continue but if I give grandparents details it does allow me to continue. The thing that is confusing is do I need to fill both maternal and paternal side of grandparent details or is it ok to just fill one as the minimum requirement ?
          When I filed it for my kid, I remember providing only parent details. The information about grand parents is to make sure they are not from Pakistan or Bangladesh. Provide only the minimum information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X