Greencard Holder - No stamp on Indian Passport after re entry to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greencard Holder - No stamp on Indian Passport after re entry to US

Your help and guidance will be appreciated..

Recently traveled to India from US for a week .
    I find that there is no indication on my Indian Passport that I traveled to India (No stamp from US Immigration)
    I do have Indian immigration stamp on the passport for Entry and exit from India.
    Again while coming back to the US , there is no US IMMIGRATION STAMP.

Is this the new norm or I have to go back to them to get the stamping on the passport?

Please advise.

Originally posted by sundel01 View Post
    Your help and guidance will be appreciated..

Recently traveled to India from US for a week .
    I find that there is no indication on my Indian Passport that I traveled to India (No stamp from US Immigration)
    I do have Indian immigration stamp on the passport for Entry and exit from India.
    Again while coming back to the US , there is no US IMMIGRATION STAMP.

Is this the new norm or I have to go back to them to get the stamping on the passport?

Please advise.
    As a LPR, all you need to enter the US is your green card. You are not required to have your passport with you. See for yourself. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...nent-residents
    When you leave the US, no one looks at your passport or your green card. When you return, however, you have to present your green card to a CBP agent and they will swipe it. That's your "stamp". Remember, not everyone who is a LPR has a passport. Most refugees do not. They simply can't get one or don't want one from their country.

You're fine.

Comment

not sure if all officers stamp the passport.
      i travelled out of country 2 weeks ago and when i returned the officer looked at my green card and stamped my passport at dfw.
      JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X