Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my spouse travel on Tourist visa (which she already has) after marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my spouse travel on Tourist visa (which she already has) after marriage?

Hi, this is Sam and I work in Boston and I'm in F-1 OPT extension which runs till October 2019 and my employer has filed for my H1B as well. I am traveling to India in July for my marriage and planning to bring my wife back with me here. Even though F-2 is the more appropriate visa for her, we're afraid the approval rate is lower for F-2 and thought of making it here on the tourist visa which she already has in hand and is valid for next 8 years. Is this a good idea?

Thanks

Originally posted by samboston View Post
    Hi, this is Sam and I work in Boston and I'm in F-1 OPT extension which runs till October 2019 and my employer has filed for my H1B as well. I am traveling to India in July for my marriage and planning to bring my wife back with me here. Even though F-2 is the more appropriate visa for her, we're afraid the approval rate is lower for F-2 and thought of making it here on the tourist visa which she already has in hand and is valid for next 8 years. Is this a good idea?

Thanks
    she can attempt it, however there are two things to remember, 1. if and when the officer asks her what her reason for traveling to the US is, she must be truthful and honest, 2. if they find out she's here to be with you because you are married and they notice she is on a B2 visa, she will be denied entry. now if they don't ask why she's coming over then she doesn't have to answer, but the chances of them not asking are slim to none. my recommendation would be to apply for consular processing and give it time for that to go through that way she won't risk being denied entry and she'll already have her GC when she enters. Best of Luck!
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X