Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-entry after 6 months but less than 1 year (with a new born abroad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry after 6 months but less than 1 year (with a new born abroad)

Me and my wife received our green card in 2014 and have been living in USA since then.
    My wife and I had to go back to my wife's home country since her father was not well. She is pregnant and will be delivering the baby in her home country. We are planning to come back (with our baby) to USA but by then it will be just under 1 year outside the USA. We did not apply for reentry permit before we left. We will face issue when we return to USA?

Originally posted by guy_50 View Post
    Me and my wife received our green card in 2014 and have been living in USA since then.
    My wife and I had to go back to my wife's home country since her father was not well. She is pregnant and will be delivering the baby in her home country. We are planning to come back (with our baby) to USA but by then it will be just under 1 year outside the USA. We did not apply for reentry permit before we left. We will face issue when we return to USA?
    If it's less than 1 year, a reentry permit is recommended but not required.
    However, there is a good chance that you'd be questioned at the airport. Gather records of your father-in-law's hospital records or something of that sort and the birth certificate of your child, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by guy_50 View Post
      You will likely be fine. The CBP agent will likely ask you a few questions. You are not to get nervous. Do not sign anything. Only a judge can determine abandonment of permanent resident status.

Comment

Bring birth certificates and passport photos for the baby's GC

You'll need the baby's birth certificate and two passport photos of the baby for their green card at POE. Bring multiple copies of birth certificate from the corporation where the child is born, since USCIS will take the birth certificate at POE. I brought my newborn in this way and they took the only birth certificate I had. Not a big deal, but now I only have a digital copy and no originals.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X