Filing Location: NBC (MSC)
      I-485, I-765 FP/Bio: 02 Nov 2017
      Field Office: Jacksonville, FL
      EAD/AP: 04 May 2018
      AOS Interview: 30 July 2018
      AOS Result: Pending

Comment

Anyone still on the same boat?

Early Oct filer here. Still no update on EAD AP interview after almost 8 months now.

Comment

Still waiting hopelessly

Originally posted by wimon View Post
          Early Oct filer here. Still no update on EAD AP interview after almost 8 months now.
          tons of people in the same boat as you ..... no outlook of when OR if we will ever get EAD/AP let alone green card interview or the actual green card

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by indianchi View Post
            tons of people in the same boat as you ..... no outlook of when OR if we will ever get EAD/AP let alone green card interview or the actual green card

NO update at all, too.

My 2nd SR got a reply saying that my case is still under a review and I would get a decision "shortly" (as if they know what "shortly" actually implies --- few days, not 200+ days.)
            And still getting automatic updates from my.uscis saying that there's no update yet, and the last update was taken 1/12/2018 (I changed my address), 12/01/2017 (biometrics, i assume), and 11/02/2017 (they cashed the checks).

Comment

Hey

Originally posted by Umang Shukla View Post
              We have a ******** group of F2A NBC waiting for EAD.. please provide your phone numbers if you want to stay connected
              Can u add me to the group 9199042138

Comment

No update on I-765/I-131

Category: F2A (Spouse green card holder)
                Current Visa: H1B processing
                I-130 Priority Date: 05 Oct 2016
                I-130 Service Center: California
                I-130 Approval Date: 03 Oct 2017
                I-485, I-765, I-131 filing date: 27 Oct 2017
                I-485, I-765 FP/Bio: 25 Nov 2017
                Field Office: Saint Louis, MO
                EAD/AP: Pending
                AOS Interview: Pending

Submitted 2 SR's, Info Pass appointment, Ombudsman but no update yet.

If you have a ******** group for EAD pending 200+ days then please add me too. my contact number is 9198849180

Comment

Direct Message with ******** group invite link

Originally posted by imoh20 View Post
                  Category: F2A (Spouse green card holder)
                  Current Visa: H1B processing
                  I-130 Priority Date: 05 Oct 2016
                  I-130 Service Center: California
                  I-130 Approval Date: 03 Oct 2017
                  I-485, I-765, I-131 filing date: 27 Oct 2017
                  I-485, I-765 FP/Bio: 25 Nov 2017
                  Field Office: Saint Louis, MO
                  EAD/AP: Pending
                  AOS Interview: Pending

Submitted 2 SR's, Info Pass appointment, Ombudsman but no update yet.

If you have a ******** group for EAD pending 200+ days then please add me too. my contact number is 9198849180
                  i have sent you a direct message with the invite link for the group

Comment

Card is being produced notification finally!!

Originally posted by indianchi View Post
                    It has been a long painful waiting experience for most October Filers at NBC and will be good if can keep each other informed on anything that helps or updates to case. My details below

F2A, C9 category and currently on H1. Married to US citizen since 2016
                    PD - Sept, 09 2016
                    RD - Oct 02, 2017
                    Bio-metrics completed - Oct 20, 2017
                    EAD - no update
                    AP - no update
                    Greencard interview - no update
                    Greencard - no update
                    Local Office - San Francisco
                    NBC processing times is 2-5.5 months, I am at 7 months so way out of window

Actions taken
                    1.SR submitted online - January, Feb, March : Assgned to officer and closed without any updates ; although it says on egov site that update was sent to you. Have not receieved any emails or text updates
                    2. Infopass appointment - 2 - Feb 12 and March 28. First one was useless, second one officer actually tried to help and he could not see any information so submitted a request on my behalf and said I should receive a case update in mail by 04/12/2018. That day has come and gone and nothing yet. Not even assigned to an officer.
                    3. Ombudsman - contacted on March 12 and they submitted an inquiry on my case. They have not gotten any response back either. They resubmitted on Friday and I got an email that they have reached out again
                    4. Congressman/Senator - Reached out to Kamala Harris office on March10, after 4 weeks they took on my case and have reached out to get an update. Senator has not gotten any information yet either
                    5. Finally asked to be connected to L2 officer, waited for call back. The L2 officer gave no additional information other than your case is pending. The L2 officer was very confrontational and rude as well, very surprising since could not get an word in to let him know that was asking for update on request made by one of their officers from the regional office. He simply refused to look it up and said your case is pending and I will be ending the call. I was just staring at the phone shaking my head, never seen such poor customer service. Considering not doing this free, we paid for our applications.
                    6. Also recieved twice this month - emails and text alerts that there is no updates on your case since Oct 4 when they last took action. Very odd to receive an update of "no update"

Other odd information I received from the L2 officer yday was that he said sometimes an interview is required before a EAD is given. I dont believe this to be true but who knows. There is no transparency and seem to be making up rules and processing windows as they go along. I have taken all the steps suggested on the forums, but guess just have very bad luck where case is sitting on the shelf gathering dust somewhere while Dec filers seem to be getting their EAD already. Wish others in the same boat good-luck and hope our day comes soon

This has been a very long wait, 8 months to be exact! 238 days. But finally got my EAD approval email. Here is my timeline and everything I tried

Service Request submitted : 6 online and calling customer service
                    Called L2 officer (asked to be transfered) - everyday almost
                    Infopass appointments - 3 (they were all useless)
                    Asked for help from Ombudsman on March 6th
                    Asked for help from Congressman on March 20
                    Asked for help from Senator on April 2
                    EAD Approval Date : May 25, 2018
                    Greencard Interview: Pending
                    Greencard: Pending

I got a lot of conflicting information when I called customer service and spoke to L2 officers. One L2 officer told me that I need an interview for EAD approval. Another L2 officer sald that my interview needs to be scheduled before they gave me my EAD card! Another L2 officer said that my background check needs to be complete before they give my EAD card. I dont believe any of the above is true and they just make up stuff.

What helped me to finally get my EAD card (hoping it is a combo card) - Honestly I would advice someone who is still waiting to do everything because you do not know what might help. The whole process is a mystery. I think Ombudsman and Congressman were the most instrumental and follow up with them everyday. Call them and speak to someone personally. Also last week I submitted a letter from my employer which stated my role and the fact not being able to travel is hurting the company financially. I head the North America and EMEA markets and have not been able to go to a single office in EMEA.

Honestly, the road is long and extremely frustrating and there will be lots of down periods. that is what this community is for and I recieved so much support. very thankful for it. Keep yourself busy, take a short trip, if not on H1 then sign up for classes, volunteer, pick up a new hobby. Else this will play a very heavy toll on you mentally and your relationships.

Another piece of advice, if you are an H1 get a letter from employer. If you are not on H1, go on interview s and get an offer letter. Submitting this I realized too late does add pressure on the officer to do something about since is a piece of evidence submitted.

Also had a quick questions
                    1. How do I get my tracking number? My case status on myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov has not changed, but my case status on the old website egov has changed with "New Card is being produced" But I dont see any tracking number.

2. How many days from status change will I recieve my EAD card?

3. When can I expect my greencard interview to be scheduled? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you everyone and anyone who is still waiting wish you good luck. Your day will come soon.

Comment

How are you f2a, if you married to a USC since 2016? Also why did you need a EAD asap when your h1 is still active?
                      Was your interview marriage based, and based on bonafides?

Comment

Originally posted by aasamih85 View Post
                        PD: April 2016
                        RD: 10/03/17
                        No EAD/AP yet.

Is it really only the 5 of us who are not getting their EAD for 200+ days? We have in common F2A, could that be a reason?
                        Filed November 6th and still waiting

Comment

any updates October Filers ?
                          i see people from February 2018 were approved, and i have been waiting from October (243 days)

Comment

Same here

Filed October 5 2017 still no update whatsoever....

Comment

Same here early Oct filer at NBC F2A still no update whatsoever

Comment

Same here

It?s been 232 days, and no update since 10/25/2017. So frustrating!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X