Waiting 200+days NBC filer and no EAD/AP please gather here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kight44 View Post
    It?s been 232 days, and no update since 10/25/2017. So frustrating!!!!
    Call your congressman or woman in your district

Comment

October 17 filler also but my status changed just yesterday to card being produced two days after they acknowledged the receipt of my RFE, keep on keeping on folks

Comment

No Updates!

216 days now.. RD: Nov 9

Comment

Oct 13 (2017) EAD filer still waiting

USCIS has been working on my wife's EAD since Oct 19 2017 (238 days).

Actions taken:
          *Multiple visits to Santa Ana (CA) local office. Rude and useless.
          *Numerous calls to USCIS. Nothing useful. Mostly misinformation. A funny one: a Tier 2 officer told me I should re-apply because I was a PR when we applied and I'm a Citizen now, AND I should wait a year for a visa to be available for my wife. Thank you USCIS for such a great service costing $1k+.
          *Asked Senators Harris and Feinstein for help. Zip.
          *No need to mention the case inquiries and service requests.
          *Wrote to NBC and asked for expedition.

We know of other couples who applied in November and December and already have their EAD. One is scheduled for green card interview on July 7th!

I've officially ran out of ways to get any help...

Comment

Oct 2 filer here

It?s over 8months now no EAD no AP nothing after over a dozen SRs congressman obumdsman info pass. Nothing the system is completely broken and I believe they intentionally made so.

Comment

Heard about a 10 month wait

Originally posted by wimon View Post
              It?s over 8months now no EAD no AP nothing after over a dozen SRs congressman obumdsman info pass. Nothing the system is completely broken and I believe they intentionally made so.
              I've been waiting for 8 months too. Nothing has helped.

A lawyer told me today that one of her clients had to wait 10 months and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the case. She said, in the absence of any RFE, it could be because we are stuck in FBI check or an officer with 'exorbitant backlog' is handling our case.

Comment

geez

Originally posted by misaghk View Post
                I've been waiting for 8 months too. Nothing has helped.

A lawyer told me today that one of her clients had to wait 10 months and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the case. She said, in the absence of any RFE, it could be because we are stuck in FBI check or an officer with 'exorbitant backlog' is handling our case.

My lawyer told me I will probably get my EAD this month (OCT 26 FILER).. but I'm very skeptical about it.
                All I'm getting from USCIS is an update saying there's no update -- which they send out every 2 weeks.

But 10 months? that's devastating to hear..

Most frustrating thing is that it feels like it's pure luck. There are applicants who filed in 2018 getting their combo card and even interview appointments.

Comment

Case inquiry response

Early Oct filer. Received 'your case is under review' today in response to a month old case inquiry

Comment

Interview ready to schedule without AP/EAD- October 2017 filer

We filed in October 2017. And my I485 status has changed for the first time since November today, from finger print fee received to interview is ready to be scheduled. I have been pushing by all means possible for AP as I have to travel to present at a conference on July 9th. There is no change in I131 or I765 status. Our field office is Columbus, OH.

I still hope to get the AP SOON cause it may also take several weeks before the interview, and who knows how much time to actually get it after the interview.

I contacted Senator, maybe they would be able to push the AP through. Have no idea what to hope anymore!

Comment

Another frustrated October 2017 filer here. Desperately waiting for EAD since I already have a job offer (employer is flexible with start date fortunately), and we need money. Even request to Senator (~2 weeks ago) did not help.

Does it happen often that interview is scheduled before EAD arrives?
                      F2A, PD March 9, 2016
                      July 21, 2016: i130 approved
                      October 5, 2017: i486, i131, i765 applications were received
                      November 6, 2017: Biometrics appointment
                      July 31, 2018: i693 courtesy letter
                      August 8, 2018: EAD card in production
                      August 15, 2018: case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                      August 16, 2018: EAD in hand
                      August 28, 2018: interview is scheduled
                      October 12, 2018: interview date

Comment

Originally posted by denoay View Post
                        We filed in October 2017. And my I485 status has changed for the first time since November today, from finger print fee received to interview is ready to be scheduled. I have been pushing by all means possible for AP as I have to travel to present at a conference on July 9th. There is no change in I131 or I765 status. Our field office is Columbus, OH.

I still hope to get the AP SOON cause it may also take several weeks before the interview, and who knows how much time to actually get it after the interview.

I contacted Senator, maybe they would be able to push the AP through. Have no idea what to hope anymore!
                        You could get your EAD before your interview. ?Case ready to be scheduled for an interview? means you are qued to be scheduled for an interview. It could be tomorrow or months from now. It seems either they were waiting on Background check or someone had forgotten to touch your application completely and it was just laying there in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
                          You could get your EAD before your interview. ?Case ready to be scheduled for an interview? means you are qued to be scheduled for an interview. It could be tomorrow or months from now. It seems either they were waiting on Background check or someone had forgotten to touch your application completely and it was just laying there in the office.
                          Same case, same office, I received an email yesterday saying that I'm ready for Interview. No EAD yet, 3 inquiries, I have a infopass appointment for next Thursday, lets see what they have to say about the EAD.
                          C9 Married to USC AOS (I-130,I485,I-765) DC office
                          10/27/2017 PD
                          11/08/2017 I-797 (3)
                          12/07/2017 Biometric Walk in
                          05/17/2018 RFE form I-485 (requesting tax returns 2017)
                          06/18/2018 I-693 courtesy letter
                          06/20/2018 Email "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
                          07/08/2018 EAD card in production
                          07/16/2018 EAD in hand
                          07/31/2018 Interview scheduled
                          09/06/2018 Interview
                          09/11/2018 Letter of approval

Comment

Originally posted by Roxilili View Post
                            Same case, same office, I received an email yesterday saying that I'm ready for Interview. No EAD yet, 3 inquiries, I have a infopass appointment for next Thursday, lets see what they have to say about the EAD.
                            Who cares about the EAD if you have the interview coming up shortly? You should have the actual Green Card soon then.

Comment

Originally posted by ic1101 View Post
                              Who cares about the EAD if you have the interview coming up shortly? You should have the actual Green Card soon then.
                              Ready for interview doesn?t mean he has an actual interview date.

Comment

Same here...

I am also an october/17 filer (24oct)
                                Biometrics on Nov28, Field Office Orlando-FL
                                No EAD/AP, no answers to requests... have an Infopass next week.
                                Really upseting!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X