Waiting 200+days NBC filer and no EAD/AP please gather here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting 200+days NBC filer and no EAD/AP please gather here

It has been a long painful waiting experience for most October Filers at NBC and will be good if can keep each other informed on anything that helps or updates to case. My details below

F2A, C9 category and currently on H1. Married to US citizen since 2016
    PD - Sept, 09 2016
    RD - Oct 02, 2017
    Bio-metrics completed - Oct 20, 2017
    EAD - no update
    AP - no update
    Greencard interview - no update
    Greencard - no update
    Local Office - San Francisco
    NBC processing times is 2-5.5 months, I am at 7 months so way out of window

Actions taken
    1.SR submitted online - January, Feb, March : Assgned to officer and closed without any updates ; although it says on egov site that update was sent to you. Have not receieved any emails or text updates
    2. Infopass appointment - 2 - Feb 12 and March 28. First one was useless, second one officer actually tried to help and he could not see any information so submitted a request on my behalf and said I should receive a case update in mail by 04/12/2018. That day has come and gone and nothing yet. Not even assigned to an officer.
    3. Ombudsman - contacted on March 12 and they submitted an inquiry on my case. They have not gotten any response back either. They resubmitted on Friday and I got an email that they have reached out again
    4. Congressman/Senator - Reached out to Kamala Harris office on March10, after 4 weeks they took on my case and have reached out to get an update. Senator has not gotten any information yet either
    5. Finally asked to be connected to L2 officer, waited for call back. The L2 officer gave no additional information other than your case is pending. The L2 officer was very confrontational and rude as well, very surprising since could not get an word in to let him know that was asking for update on request made by one of their officers from the regional office. He simply refused to look it up and said your case is pending and I will be ending the call. I was just staring at the phone shaking my head, never seen such poor customer service. Considering not doing this free, we paid for our applications.
    6. Also recieved twice this month - emails and text alerts that there is no updates on your case since Oct 4 when they last took action. Very odd to receive an update of "no update"

Other odd information I received from the L2 officer yday was that he said sometimes an interview is required before a EAD is given. I dont believe this to be true but who knows. There is no transparency and seem to be making up rules and processing windows as they go along. I have taken all the steps suggested on the forums, but guess just have very bad luck where case is sitting on the shelf gathering dust somewhere while Dec filers seem to be getting their EAD already. Wish others in the same boat good-luck and hope our day comes soon

Same here

I'm in the same position.

F2A, C9 category and currently on H1. Married to Green card holder since 2016
    PD - February 9, 2016
    RD - Oct 05, 2017
    Bio-metrics completed - November 9, 2017
    EAD - no update
    AP - no update
    Greencard - no update
    Local Office - New York

Actions taken
    1. Three SR submitted online - one assigned to an officer with a response after 20+ days that we are still reviewing your case. The other two never heard back

2. Ombudsman - contacted on March 26 and they submitted an inquiry on my case. No response from USCIS.

3. Congressman/Senator - Reached out to Congresswoman in NYC. They reached out to USCIS on March 28 and on April 18, USCIS wrote back that we are still reviewing your case.

Comment

Same here

Same here. RD Oct 2, 2017. Waiting patiently for over 200 days. No replies to SR, congressman, Ombudsman, nothing.

This system is broken and I believe they intentionally delay it.

Comment

Exactly the same problem as you guys.

F2A, C9 category and currently on H1. Married to Green card holder since 2015
        PD - January 14th, 2016
        RD - Oct 05th, 2017
        Bio-metrics completed - November 20th, 2017
        EAD - no update
        AP - no update
        Greencard - no update

Submitted 2 SRs:
        The first one got answered after 8 weeks "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly" -> that was 6 weeks ago.
        The other SR is not assigned yet.

I contacted the Ombudsman March 15th. No response from USCIS was received by them. The ombudsman recently sent me an update that they reached out again.

I also reached out to Senator Dianne Feinstein's office in San Francisco beginning of January. Their office lost my paperwork for the inquiry (they told me that after I called 3 times - super unfriendly and slow staff; don't use them!) and I switched to another congresswoman who's staff was very nice and fast (they sent out the inquiry less than 24h after they received it from me). No response from the USCIS yet (after 2 weeks).

At an Infopass appointment 2 weeks ago USCIS admitted that they made a mistake processing my case and had it in some "process later document stack" (aren't they using computers?). They called someone during the appointment and told me I should hear back within 30 days. I strongly doubt that there will be any response within that time window, lets see its been 2 weeks now.

It is unbelievable that people who filed 2018 already getting approvals, but USCIS is not properly processing people who filed much earlier than that. The pattern seems like that they are trying to slow down H1 applicants who went the family based route.

Comment

Originally posted by ic1101 View Post
          Exactly the same problem as you guys.

F2A, C9 category and currently on H1. Married to Green card holder since 2015
          PD - January 14th, 2016
          RD - Oct 05th, 2017
          Bio-metrics completed - November 20th, 2017
          EAD - no update
          AP - no update
          Greencard - no update

Submitted 2 SRs:
          The first one got answered after 8 weeks "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly" -> that was 6 weeks ago.
          The other SR is not assigned yet.

I contacted the Ombudsman March 15th. No response from USCIS was received by them. The ombudsman recently sent me an update that they reached out again.

I also reached out to Senator Dianne Feinstein's office in San Francisco beginning of January. Their office lost my paperwork for the inquiry (they told me that after I called 3 times - super unfriendly and slow staff; don't use them!) and I switched to another congresswoman who's staff was very nice and fast (they sent out the inquiry less than 24h after they received it from me). No response from the USCIS yet (after 2 weeks).

At an Infopass appointment 2 weeks ago USCIS admitted that they made a mistake processing my case and had it in some "process later document stack" (aren't they using computers?). They called someone during the appointment and told me I should hear back within 30 days. I strongly doubt that there will be any response within that time window, lets see its been 2 weeks now.

It is unbelievable that people who filed 2018 already getting approvals, but USCIS is not properly processing people who filed much earlier than that. The pattern seems like that they are trying to slow down H1 applicants who went the family based route.
          This also means that getting naturalized also got longer than by a year. "Hardworking" USCIS!! I also think that H1B who have gone the family route are being negatively targeted. I had the same experience with Dianne Feinstein office and hence went to Kamala Harris, her staff is equally incompetent. Congresswoman barbara lee's office was the only one who was prompt and made an inquiry same day, you may want to try her. hope that your application has been moved from the stack and you get your EAD soon. keep us posted

Comment

March 9,2016 F2A PD AOS Oct 3 2017 on H1 now

In the same boat

SRs: 9 on I-765, 3 on I-131, 1 SR through Infopass

Congressman: 04-09-18 (Ted Yoho's office)
            Senator: 04-06-18 (Bill Nelson's office)

Called them countless times. told me to wait everytime.
            Category: F2A (Wife Green card Holder)
            Current Visa: H1B
            I-130 Priority Date: 09 Mar 2016
            I-130 Service Center: CSC
            I-130 Approval: 18 July 2016
            I-485, I-765, I-131: 03 Oct 2017
            Filing Location: NBC (MSC)
            I-485, I-765 FP/Bio: 02 Nov 2017
            Field Office: Jacksonville, FL
            EAD/AP: 04 May 2018
            AOS Interview: 30 July 2018
            AOS Result: Pending

Comment

Updates?

Guys any update?

Comment

No update neda Nada nothing null void

The system is broken and there's no fairness at all. Should the Oct filers band together to file a law suit?

Over 200 days here no ead no ap no interview nothing

Comment

No Updates yet

Tried calling T2 level officer and answer was your case is under review and need to wait longer. Also today morning got two emails and two text alerts saying this "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time, We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on October 26, 2017". Oct 26 was when did my biometrics.

I wish it was not such a blackbox, it has been under review for so long now. God knows why?? I am open to joining on some action; or maybe even share with the media outlets. Its unreal how terribly we are being treated even without any cause; there needs to be BBB ratings for USCIS! Pray for everyone in the same plight, your pain is well understood.

Comment

Current Visa Status is the problem

I have I-140 approved and am on H1B right now. Could this be a problem? I see K1/K2 and other people getting their Green card AOS Interviews who filed in October.

Comment

Different case..

Originally posted by Umang Shukla View Post
                      I have I-140 approved and am on H1B right now. Could this be a problem? I see K1/K2 and other people getting their Green card AOS Interviews who filed in October.
                      I used to be a F-1 student, and my parents are E2 visa holders.
                      My aunt filed for my dad (her brother).

So i don?t think which types of visa applicants hold don?t really matter on this one. I feel like it?s a lack of efficiency in USCIS... 😩

Comment

Is it only the 5 of us? that is weird

PD: April 2016
                        RD: 10/03/17
                        No EAD/AP yet.

Is it really only the 5 of us who are not getting their EAD for 200+ days? We have in common F2A, could that be a reason?

Comment

We have a ******** group of F2A NBC waiting for EAD.. please provide your phone numbers if you want to stay connected

Comment

Direct PMP

Originally posted by Umang Shukla View Post
                            We have a ******** group of F2A NBC waiting for EAD.. please provide your phone numbers if you want to stay connected
                            Hey Umang sent a direct message to you with my number, can you please add me

Comment

New Card Is Being Produced

Got an update on the EAD.
                              Although I-131 Case is still showing as received