Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAN card application help/questions for a US OCI holder

hi,
    i'm in the process of filling out form 49AA to get a PAN card and i have several questions that i'm hoping someone who has gone through the process can advise me on.

1. payment
    i've read here-and-there that US credit cards aren't accepted for payment. if one doesn't have an indian bank account, what is the best way to pay the fees for the application?
    2. KYC (know your customer) details
    in the KYC section, there is a lot of information requested (much, like my SS# that i'd rather not divulge because i don't know how confidentially they'll be maintained).
    it says in the application that this is only needed for a Foreign Institutional Investor or a Qualified Foreign Investor. do most people fall in either of these 2 categories (esp. the latter)?
    3. finally, the documents needed for proof of address etc. - in my case, i will be sending a copy of my US passport and my indian OCI card - do these need to be notarized or attested by the indian consulate/embassy?

much thanks for any answers!! (i have googled as much as i can for the answers to these questions but with little success.)

thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X