Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving the USA while your extension application is pending

Hi,

I am on 5-year multiple visitor visa (B2) right now. I entered the USA in August 2017. My I94 was valid until February 2018. I filled for the extension of I94 45 days before its expiration. I applied for an extension for 3 months which is through 15 May 2018. I have already received a confirmation letter from USCIS regarding my application. As of now, my case status is still pending at USCIS. As the 15th May is around the corner, I am planning to leave the USA on 14th May. What will be good in my situation :

1. Leaving the USA on 14th May even if my application is in process
    2. Will my visitor visa be revoked if I leave the USA on 14th May when my extension application is still in process?
    3. Applying for the next extension since the time I have asked for is already approaching and my application is still pending.

I look forward to your views on this situation.

Originally posted by gussipie View Post
    Hi,

I am on 5-year multiple visitor visa (B2) right now. I entered the USA in August 2017. My I94 was valid until February 2018. I filled for the extension of I94 45 days before its expiration. I applied for an extension for 3 months which is through 15 May 2018. I have already received a confirmation letter from USCIS regarding my application. As of now, my case status is still pending at USCIS. As the 15th May is around the corner, I am planning to leave the USA on 14th May. What will be good in my situation :

1. Leaving the USA on 14th May even if my application is in process
    2. Will my visitor visa be revoked if I leave the USA on 14th May when my extension application is still in process?
    3. Applying for the next extension since the time I have asked for is already approaching and my application is still pending.

I look forward to your views on this situation.
    Your visa will not become void if you leave while the extension application is pending.

There is no reason to apply for another extension unless you want to stay longer.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Since my I 94 is already expired, I'm quite scared if I get problem in my next entry to the USA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X