My L2-EAD Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My L2-EAD Journey

This blog has helped me understand many important details,issues,alternatives and tips to apply for my EAD on L2 Visa. I did apply for an L2 EAD and got the approval.

This post is going to be long with tiniest of details.

I have applied for an L2 Visa and it went smooth.

October 20th, 2017 - Visa interview.
    Asked me very few questions, like my Spouse company and client names, her pay and then few questions about me like where I work etc.
    Piece of cake. Approved.

My wife has got a B1 and an L1B Visa. We came to the US on her L1B visa though, which would help me apply for L2 EAD(Employment Authorization Document) .We arrived to the US on 03-February-2018.

There is an updated I-765 application form in USCIS. This form helps you to apply for SSN along with EAD.
    Take your time and carefully read all the instructions to fill the i-765,G-1450 and Form G-1145 I have filled the forms and posted the documents through USPS priority shipping.

On 24-February-2018 I posted the below documents to USCIS Dallas, TX office through USPS Priority Overnight.

Documents to be submitted

Form G-1450 - Authorization for Credit Card Transactions.
    You can fill your Credit Card details and apply for EAD without submitting a cheque or money order(saves a trip to your Bank)

Form G-1145 - e-Notification(E-mail and Message) Once approved the status will be mailed/texted directly by USCIS.

Form I-765 - Carefully read all the instructions and fill the form with Black color pen.
    ? In section 10. Do you want the SSA to issue you a Social Security card? Check Yes if you want USCIS to apply SSN for you.(this saves a trip to SSN office)
    ? If you ticked YES checkbox you need to fill sections 11 - 13.b
    ? In section 20.Eligibility Category fill (a)(18)

Form I-94 - Both L1 and L2 holders.
    Spouse Visa Copy

Spouse Passport Copy- Only the pages with Vital details(1st and last pages) but if you feel its important to submit all the pages, then it is accepted too.

L2 Applicant Passport and Visa copies

Marriage certificate copy

2 Passport-Style Photos -The passport-style photos must be 2? by 2?. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a white to off-white background. Head height should measure 1? to 1 3/8? from top to bottom of chin, and eye height is between 1 1/8? to 1 3/8? from bottom of photo. Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and Alien Receipt Number on the back of the photo.

On 02-March-2018, I got an acknowledgement from USCIS through email and a text saying ?On February 26 We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.?, but the case was already updated on USCIS website on 26-February-2018.

23-April-2018 -Status Update

On April 23, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY X, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

26-April-2018 the status was updated to ?Card was mailed to me?

28-April-2018 Delivered to my mail box. I received only the EAD,no SSN yet.May be Il have to go to SSA office to check why SSN is not mailed to me.

Hi, how much time it took for your EAD to get approved? I applied on March 13 (USCIS recd it on March 15) and I am still waiting for any updates on it. Can you help me please? Thanks

Comment

L2 ead biometris

Hi Kushal, thank you so much for the detailed process.

I am in similar situations like yours. Couple of query:-

1. For L2 EAD do we need to go to USCIS office and give biometrics.

2. Also if we dont need to give biometrics, then after applying EAD can we come back to India?

Comment

help needed for l2 ead

hi Kaushal

I am preparing to send my application sooner. since you already applied and got one, can u pls help me with this?

-->do i need to write anything on the documents attached with the form I 765?
        -->how did u attach the various documents all together? ( i mean stapled or did something else)
        -->have you wrote ur A- number and name on each document attached?
        -->for the photographs, where did u get it clicked? Since i m new to US dont know much. ur inputs will be really helpful.

thanks in advance

Originally posted by Kushal P View Post
        This blog has helped me understand many important details,issues,alternatives and tips to apply for my EAD on L2 Visa. I did apply for an L2 EAD and got the approval.

This post is going to be long with tiniest of details.

I have applied for an L2 Visa and it went smooth.

October 20th, 2017 - Visa interview.
        Asked me very few questions, like my Spouse company and client names, her pay and then few questions about me like where I work etc.
        Piece of cake. Approved.

My wife has got a B1 and an L1B Visa. We came to the US on her L1B visa though, which would help me apply for L2 EAD(Employment Authorization Document) .We arrived to the US on 03-February-2018.

There is an updated I-765 application form in USCIS. This form helps you to apply for SSN along with EAD.
        Take your time and carefully read all the instructions to fill the i-765,G-1450 and Form G-1145 I have filled the forms and posted the documents through USPS priority shipping.

On 24-February-2018 I posted the below documents to USCIS Dallas, TX office through USPS Priority Overnight.

Documents to be submitted

Form G-1450 - Authorization for Credit Card Transactions.
        You can fill your Credit Card details and apply for EAD without submitting a cheque or money order(saves a trip to your Bank)

Form G-1145 - e-Notification(E-mail and Message) Once approved the status will be mailed/texted directly by USCIS.

Form I-765 - Carefully read all the instructions and fill the form with Black color pen.
        ? In section 10. Do you want the SSA to issue you a Social Security card? Check Yes if you want USCIS to apply SSN for you.(this saves a trip to SSN office)
        ? If you ticked YES checkbox you need to fill sections 11 - 13.b
        ? In section 20.Eligibility Category fill (a)(18)

Form I-94 - Both L1 and L2 holders.
        Spouse Visa Copy

Spouse Passport Copy- Only the pages with Vital details(1st and last pages) but if you feel its important to submit all the pages, then it is accepted too.

L2 Applicant Passport and Visa copies

Marriage certificate copy

2 Passport-Style Photos -The passport-style photos must be 2? by 2?. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a white to off-white background. Head height should measure 1? to 1 3/8? from top to bottom of chin, and eye height is between 1 1/8? to 1 3/8? from bottom of photo. Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and Alien Receipt Number on the back of the photo.

On 02-March-2018, I got an acknowledgement from USCIS through email and a text saying ?On February 26 We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.?, but the case was already updated on USCIS website on 26-February-2018.

23-April-2018 -Status Update

On April 23, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY X, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

26-April-2018 the status was updated to ?Card was mailed to me?

28-April-2018 Delivered to my mail box. I received only the EAD,no SSN yet.May be Il have to go to SSA office to check why SSN is not mailed to me.

Comment

Hi Kaushal,

Which service center did your application go to?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X