Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Procedure to apply for Canada Visitor's Visa from USA for Indian passport holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure to apply for Canada Visitor's Visa from USA for Indian passport holders

Canada Visitors Visa ? Complete Application procedure

Here is the complete procedure to apply for Visitor Visa to Canada from USA
    This procedure is mainly for Indian passport holders in USA on F1 / H1B visas.

1. Eligibility Check
    Check if you are eligible to apply online:
    Complete the questionnaire at the link below:

- Fill the details accurately.
    - Add family members as required (Add all the family members for whom visa needs to be applied together)
    - Review your answers
    - Submit

After submission, a Personal Reference Code will be assigned. Save this page as this Reference code is required for next steps of application.
    NOTE: At this time, you will not be providing any email id. So, the Personal Reference Code must be saved.

2. Create online Account
    Once you are eligible for Online application, go to the following link to create an account:

- Click on ?Continue to GC Key?.
    - Click on Sign up.
    - Fill in the required details.

3. Add Personal Reference Code
    - Login to your account and click on Visitor Visa, Study and/or Work Permit.

- When promoted, add your Personal Reference Code

4. Upload Documents
    - A checklist would appear, all the necessary documents must be uploaded for all family members.
    List of Documents:
    - Application Form: Download and fill the application form and click on Validate.
    No need to print and sign the application if you are uploading it online. You will do a digital signature after uploading all documents. Submit a digitally completed application form for each applicant.

- Passport:
    Scan all pages of passport (first page, last page and all pages that are not blank, including expired visas and visa stamps).
    If you have multiple passports, scan all relevant pages.

- Travel History:
    Include all stamps, visas in your passports for the past 10 years.
    Include I797 (H1B approval or other approvals issued by the US that show the approved duration of your stay in the US)

- Digital Photo
    Scan the digital passport photo with the mentioned resolution and upload it.

- Family Information (IMM5645)
    Complete the family information form, print it, sign it and then upload the scanned copy.

- Family Member Representative (IMM5713)
    Complete this form if you are applying with other family members.
    All family members and the applicant must physically sign the document, scan the document and upload it.

- Financial Information
    Create one pdf and include paystubs for 3 months, W2 for the past year, Bank statements for past 3 months as necessary.
    Combine all these documents to one pdf and upload it.

- Purpose of Travel
    Create one pdf document that includes Flight tickets to your destination in Canada and back to your home city, hotel reservations.
    OR
    Create a detailed itinerary of your trip and places you are visiting if you are travelling by road.

- Marriage Certificate / Other Proof of relationships
    Upload a scanned copy of the original marriage certificate if you are applying with you Spouse or other relevant proof of relationships of all applicants.

- Letter explaining the purpose of visit
    Write a letter specifying your Name, Occupation, How long you have been working for the company and explain why you are travelling to Canada along with relevant dates.
    Upload this document to the Additional client information.

NOTE: Only 1 file with a max size of 4MB could be uploaded for each type. So, ensure that you use some software to create pdf files from multiple files.

5. Digitally sign Application and Pay Fee

- Once all the documents are uploaded, click on Continue and write your name (principle applicant) to digitally sign the application for all family members.
    - Pay the required fee of C$100 / applicant using a Credit / Debit Card.

6. Wait for Approval
    - You will receive an email to send your passports for further processing and your status when you login to your account would show as Approved. I got the approval on the 3rd business day after submitting the application.
    - For each applicant: A letter confirming to send the passport will be available in your account. Download the letter in pdf format for each applicant and take a print.

7. Once Approved ? Send your passports to the nearest VAC (Visa Application Center)
    Where to send your Passports -
    - Choose either NY location or LA location (whichever is convenient).
    NOTE: Passports must be sent to a different address and Money Order for the payable amount must be sent to a different address.
    PACKAGE 1: PAYMENT
    i. Take a Cashier?s check / Money Order / Bank Drat / Certified Check in the name of ?CSRA Consular Services Inc.?
    For US $32.27 / applicant (As of 05/03/2018). Check for this amount at the following link:

For family applications: 1 Cashier?s check / Money Order for the total amount.
    For E.g. For family for 3, it would be 3x32.27.

NOTE: Take a photocopy of the Money Order / Cashier?s check before packing.

Send the money order to:

For applications being sent to LA Location: Mail your VAC payments for Visa Application Centre in New York to:
    P.O. Box 419557 (CSRA Consular Services Inc)
    Boston, MA 02241-9557

OR

Mail your VAC payments for Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles to:
    P.O. Box 841908 (CSRA Consular Services Inc)
    Dallas, TX 75284-9557

ii. PACKAGE 2: Passport and other contents:
    This package should include:

□ Passports of all family applicants
    □ Photocopy of the Cashier?s check / Money Order that was sent to the other address.
    □ VAC Consent form: 2 per applicant
    □ Letter requesting submission of passport (One letter per applicant)
    □ Page containing contact details: This should include Name, Address, Email id and Phone Number. Just write these details and print it.
    □ Return Envelope with return airway bill from UPS / USPS (FedEx return air way bills are not accepted)
    Ask in any USPS to give you 2 envelops (Large and Small)
    Pay for the return shipping from Visa Office to your home and stick it to the Small Envelop.
    Keep this small envelop inside the large envelop along with other documents. Ship the large envelop to the address below:

NOTE: If you would like the Visa Application Center to send back your passports, you must pay an additional fee for this service.
    This return envelope (AWB) can be purchased through the VAC for US $20.21 (As of 05/03/2018).
    Include this fee along with your Cashier?s Check / Money Order.
    Purchase of 1 AWB for whole family.

Mail in your PACKAGE 2 to:
    Visa Application Centre ? New York
    290 Madison Ave, 2nd fl.
    (41st Street & 40th Street)
    New York, NY 10017

Phone Number: (646) 741- 0130
    Email Address: [email protected]

OR

Visa Application Centre ? Los Angeles
    2120 E Grand Avenue Suite 108A
    El Segundo, CA 90245

Phone Number: (646) 741- 0130
    Email Address: [email protected]

Link got tracking your application:

My Experience: Indian Citizen on H1B visa staying the US. No Green Card.
    May 1 2018: Completed Online Application and Submitted. Paid C$100 fee / applicant.
    May 1 2018: Received email confirming the submission.
    May 3 2018: Received Email to submit original passports to VAC.
    May 4 2018: Shipped via USPS (2 Packages One with Passports and other docs to El Segundo, CA and another with Money Order)
    May 7 2018: 1:15pm Delivered by USPS to El Segundo, CA
    May 7 2018: 4:45pm Email from CVAC Confirming receipt of the passports along with Tracking Number.
    May 7 2018: 4:45pm: Passport Received by CVAC
    May 7 2018: 4:55pm: Passport in Transit to the Visa Office
    May 8 2018: 10:25am: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
    May 10, 2018: 9:00 am: CIC account updated to Approved. Email for this approval was sent a day later.
    May 10, 2018: 9:20 am: Status update on CVAC website to Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC
    May 11, 2018: 8:20 am: Email from CIC about the update of my application to Approved.
    May 11, 2018: 9:40 am: Status update on CVAC website to Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC
    May 11, 2018, 11:12 pm: Tracking number from USPS got activated and showed Arrived at USPS Regional Facility LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER?
    May 14, 2018: Received the passport with stamp. Validity of visa is same as the Passport Expiry.
    Last edited by ceci1073; 02-01-2022, 01:52 PM. Reason: Link

What is the procedure for digital signature?

What is the procedure for digital signature? I dont see continue button after uploading the 'required' documents. How do I submit them?

[QUOTE=shanefinity;566792]Canada Visitors Visa ? Complete Application procedure

- Once all the documents are uploaded, click on Continue and write your name (principle applicant) to digitally sign the application for all family members.

Comment

What is the procedure for digital signature?

Hi shanefinity,

What is the procedure for digital signature? Does each of i5257 documents validation suffice? Are there any other steps after uploading all the required documents. I don't see a continue button for fee payment. Am I missing something trivial here? Can you please help me

Comment

[QUOTE=KBPerim83;576913]What is the procedure for digital signature? I dont see continue button after uploading the 'required' documents. How do I submit them?

Originally posted by shanefinity View Post
        Canada Visitors Visa ? Complete Application procedure

Thank you. I was unable to proceed earlier due to a questionnaire that was answered incorrectly which led to more documents to be uploaded. After correcting the answer, that mandated documents checklist went off and was able to proceed to paying the fee. Digital signature is a separate steps when uploading the documents and before paying the fee. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor)

Wonder what to say here? we get our annual check ups in USA

Comment

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor)

looks like you guys are advanced. what to answer here?

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months? (required)

Comment

Biometric Fee

Do we need to pay biometrics fee? As per questionnare it comes out to be $370 for me & my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by georgematthew View Post
                Do we need to pay biometrics fee? As per questionnare it comes out to be $370 for me & my wife.
                Yes. If you have never provided biometrics for Canadian visa. Its a new rule for Indian nationals started this year.

Comment

Hi All,

I am an Indian Citizen and currently on a H1B visa in USA. My H1B visa was recently approved, I have the I767 approval notice in hand, but I have not got the visa stamped on my passport yet. I want to apply for Canadian tourist visa to visit my family. Since I do not have an H1B stamp yet, will I767 approval notice be enough to prove my immigration status in USA? Is it safe to apply for a visit visa with just the H1B visa approval notice? Also, can someone please help me with all the documents to be submitted to prove immigration status in USA (since I do not have the H1B stamp). Your help/advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi all,

For IRCC to approve visitor visa, is it required to have US visa stamped on passport for latest approved I797 validity?
                    Or just I797 and I94 with future expiry date are sufficient even if visa stamp may be expired? Thank you.

Regards,
                    Rajat

Comment

yes we need this guide looking forward to it

Comment

Hi,
                        I am trying to submit my Canada visitor visa application online, but experiencing some issues (screen shot attached). I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues with uploading the imm5257e form. As the instructions say, I downloaded the form, completed it, did not sign, and validated. It gave me the barcodes as well. But every time I try to upload it, I get an error saying" The version of the document is no longer acceptable". I've tried this multiple times, using the form from the checklist. I even double-checked for Adobe 10 as recommended. I've submitted a technical problem as well, but in the meanwhile wanted to check if anyone already dealt with this issue.

Any thoughts, ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Comment

My recent experience from Jan 2022

Last edited by ceci1073; 02-01-2022, 01:53 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

I submitted in Feb 23, 2022 and got it approved in March 2, 2022. The step 7 got changed now. We no need to send two couriers. One should be fine now. You just follow the steps what they emailed you.

Below are the detailed new steps for above Step 7 (Updated on March 2022):

To request your approved 2 Way courier from Los Angeles VAC. You must complete registration in order to obtain your courier labels. Kindly note that the information will be purged after 10 days of registering and generating the courier labels. Please refer to the “Service Charges” tab in “Apply for a Visa” page of this website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC. Once you receive your approved label, prepare your package including the following:

1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC

2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address

3. 2 copies of TT Services Consent Form duly completed

4. Confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase, which has an individually generated Reference Number

5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money Order or Cashier’s check (over 3 months validity period) in favour of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars
                            • Package transmission (per passport) – $22.80 USD (** If you have enrolled biometrics at Canada Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles, you do not need to pay this fee.
                            • Assisted Service Fee - $35.00 USD, ONLY IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A PAPER APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT TRAVEL DOCUMENT
                            • Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) – $ 2.50 USD (Optional)
                            • Once your package is prepared, you may drop it off at the FEDEX office of your choice. It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed.
                            • Paper Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Document via courier service (In Person Submission will not be permitted) approved by the VAC. Paper applications for Visitors Visa, Work and Study Permits are not accepted in person/mail at the VAC until further notice. To request your approved 2 Way courier from Los Angeles VAC to mail your application (effective January 3rd) to download your application package and pay correspondent fees.
                            • Use the link under “Submit passport and other documents” for instructions on how to send your passport by mail to the CVAC. Follow instructions provided above to request your approved 2 Way Courier Service.
                            • Return of decision envelopes to applicants. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. SMS
                            • In-person appointment scheduling at the VAC (effective 27th September 2021)
                            • In-person information services at VAC (effective 27th September 2021)
                            • Assisted services – online forms (eTA) (effective 27th September 2021)
                            • Self-Service Workstation (effective 27th September 2021)
                            • Printing (effective 27th September 2021)
                            • Assisted Service-Scanning (effective 27th September 2021)
                            • Photocopying (effective 27th September 2021)
                            • International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliant photography (effective 27th September 2021)

The services listed above may be subject to change at short notice due to COVID-19 measures.

Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the VAC may be implementing additional measures to ensure health and safety of applicants.

Last edited by immihelp; 03-08-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I have question regarding the visitor visa , I'm trying to submit a request for canada visa for my brother , he's on L1B visit to US and we are trying to apply for his visitor visa, he's an Indian passport holder , I'm a Canadian permanent resident, have you submitted invite letter for your visa if so whom did you address it to, Canadian consulate in US?

Originally posted by theremo View Post
                              I submitted in Feb 23, 2022 and got it approved in March 2, 2022. The step 7 got changed now. We no need to send two couriers. One should be fine now. You just follow the steps what they emailed you.

Below are the detailed new steps for above Step 7 (Updated on March 2022):

To request your approved 2 Way courier from Los Angeles VAC. You must complete registration in order to obtain your courier labels. Kindly note that the information will be purged after 10 days of registering and generating the courier labels. Please refer to the “Service Charges” tab in “Apply for a Visa” page of this website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC. Once you receive your approved label, prepare your package including the following:

1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC

2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address

3. 2 copies of TT Services Consent Form duly completed

4. Confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase, which has an individually generated Reference Number

5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money Order or Cashier’s check (over 3 months validity period) in favour of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars
                              • Package transmission (per passport) – $22.80 USD (** If you have enrolled biometrics at Canada Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles, you do not need to pay this fee.
                              • Assisted Service Fee - $35.00 USD, ONLY IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A PAPER APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT TRAVEL DOCUMENT
                              • Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) – $ 2.50 USD (Optional)
                              • Once your package is prepared, you may drop it off at the FEDEX office of your choice. It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed.
                              • Paper Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Document via courier service (In Person Submission will not be permitted) approved by the VAC. Paper applications for Visitors Visa, Work and Study Permits are not accepted in person/mail at the VAC until further notice. To request your approved 2 Way courier from Los Angeles VAC to mail your application (effective January 3rd) to download your application package and pay correspondent fees.
                              • Use the link under “Submit passport and other documents” for instructions on how to send your passport by mail to the CVAC. Follow instructions provided above to request your approved 2 Way Courier Service.
                              • Return of decision envelopes to applicants. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. SMS
                              • In-person appointment scheduling at the VAC (effective 27th September 2021)
                              • In-person information services at VAC (effective 27th September 2021)
                              • Assisted services – online forms (eTA) (effective 27th September 2021)
                              • Self-Service Workstation (effective 27th September 2021)
                              • Printing (effective 27th September 2021)
                              • Assisted Service-Scanning (effective 27th September 2021)
                              • Photocopying (effective 27th September 2021)
                              • International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliant photography (effective 27th September 2021)

The services listed above may be subject to change at short notice due to COVID-19 measures.

Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the VAC may be implementing additional measures to ensure health and safety of applicants.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X