Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it safe to run an FBI background check on yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it safe to run an FBI background check on yourself?

If a permanent resident were to run an FBI background check on themselves and deportable offenses were uncovered, would officials come knocking at your door, so to speak?

A lawyer is recommending that I do this as part of his counsel, but I am nervous to say the least. I had two misdemeanor possession of **** charges over 10 years ago, which I was able to get deferred adjudication on and successfully complete. I am concerned that officials will come knocking before I even have the chance to get my case together with my lawyer. Should I look elsewhere for counsel?

I appreciate the advice very much!

Originally posted by Almostmadeit View Post
    If a permanent resident were to run an FBI background check on themselves and deportable offenses were uncovered, would officials come knocking at your door, so to speak?

... two misdemeanor possession of **** charges over 10 years ago, which I was able to get deferred adjudication on and successfully complete...
    In general, no

Did you fail to disclose the charges & disposition when previously applying for immigration benefits?

Comment

Hello inadmissable, and thank you for your reply!

When you say no, are you replying to to say no regarding the safety of said check, or no to the agents coming to look for me?

I received my greencard almost 5 years before any misdemeanor possession occurred. It has been over ten years since that point, and I have had zero contact with any kind of immigration office or official. I am solely curious about what is on my record in order to be better prepared and allow my lawyer all the ammo he needs to fight this case. I've has no offenses prior, and none since.

I sincerely appreciate your time!

Comment

Almostmadeit, see my response to your other thread.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X