OPT EAD ("being produced") has not be mailed for 17+ days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT EAD ("being produced") has not be mailed for 17+ days

My status changes to "new card is being produced" on April 30. Since then, I didn't heard any updates on the progress of EAD card.

My case was

received on March 6
    status changes to "new card is being produced" on April 30
    got approved on May 1 (which is a bit abnormally faster than most cases)
    received the approval notice around May 5.

I raised a request by calling level 2 officer (using custom service number) on May 16, but has not been assigned to processing.

I researched a bit my case. Here is what I found.

I basically crawled the uscis website and try to seek if there are anyone encountering similar situations (card approved but not mailed).

As of May 17:

I found a number of cards started with YSC... (more than 30+) have status "new card is being produced" on April 19. Is anyone experiencing the similar problems? What are possible causes for this abnormal processing time of producing cards.

I also found a case with status "new card is being produced" on May 1. I loaded this case to my egov account, and found the applicant update his address and name on file on April. It probably caused a significant delay for him/her. But for those on April 19, I didn't find any clues. They just freeze there for close to a month.

I suspected that someone picked up my case and try to expedite it since I have a close start date. But for some reason, this special action may lead to unexpected consequence for card production? It is always a mystery for us how USCIS is processing our cases. I just feel nervous about how inefficient we are experiencing all these.

I will update this post if I has any news.

is there any update?

Hi I have the same situation here. Is there any update? My card production has been taking for 11 days and no update at all...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X