Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD for L2 visa

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I've just got the L2 visa, and I will request the EAD to start working. However, I'm not yet in USA, I'll move in mid-September, but I'd like to start looking for a job, so I do not stay unemployed.
    Based on that, does anyone know if is it possible to get the EAD applying remotely, or must I be in USA to start its proccess? Some fields in I-765 are related to I-94, and my last entry to USA was on February with visitor visa.
    Also, do you know how does biometry and fingerprints work? I just got my fingerprints and picture for my L2 visa, do I must get them again? If yes, how does the appointment to get them work? Am I able to schedule or must I go on the date they tell me?
    Overall, I've seen that the max period is 90 days, but how long usually does this process take?

Many Thanks

Felipe

Originally posted by fkaray View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here.

I've just got the L2 visa, and I will request the EAD to start working. However, I'm not yet in USA, I'll move in mid-September, but I'd like to start looking for a job, so I do not stay unemployed.
    Based on that, does anyone know if is it possible to get the EAD applying remotely, or must I be in USA to start its proccess? Some fields in I-765 are related to I-94, and my last entry to USA was on February with visitor visa.
    Also, do you know how does biometry and fingerprints work? I just got my fingerprints and picture for my L2 visa, do I must get them again? If yes, how does the appointment to get them work? Am I able to schedule or must I go on the date they tell me?
    Overall, I've seen that the max period is 90 days, but how long usually does this process take?

Many Thanks

Felipe
    You must be in the US to apply for an EAD.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I am like you. I made the process there but I came back to my country while the EAD gets ready. Everyone has told me that it takes around 120 days.

Comment

As per my experience, you should be in US for applying L2 EAD and it took 6 months for me to get my EAD card in hand.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X