Is this true about entry into Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true about entry into Canada?

I got arrested for a misdemeanor 2 years ago and wasn't convicted of it. I later got my arrest expunged and this person told me that Canada isn't going to block me entering the country. Is he telling the truth?

that would be a question for a legal attorney
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
      that would be a question for a legal attorney
      this answer is very mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by CalicoJackofspades View Post
        this answer is very mediocre.
        Would you prefer they gave you wrong information?

Unless someone else here knows the answer for certain, the best thing to do is ask an attorney. Anything to do with arrests, previous criminal records etc, is best answered by a legal professional as they can be tricky with no simple right answer.
        Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
        4-12: Arrived in Chicago
        4-14: Picked up by USCIS
        4-19: Email & text notifications received
        4-23: I-797 Receipts received
        4-27: Biometrics notice received
        5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
        5-11: Biometrics completed
        6-04: Interview scheduled
        6-09: Received interview letter
        7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
        7-13: Card was Mailed
        7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

A bar against entry into Canada is not certain. Whether you are allowed entry depends on your entry interview, whether officer checks your name against their access to the NCIC U.S. law enforcement database, and the specific type of offense.

Asking an attorney this question will only get you his opinion, and most attorneys don't have practical experience with Canadian entry problems.

--Ray B

Originally posted by CalicoJackofspades View Post
          I got arrested for a misdemeanor 2 years ago and wasn't convicted of it. I later got my arrest expunged and this person told me that Canada isn't going to block me entering the country. Is he telling the truth?

Comment

Question

I have a question with regards to my application.
            I sent an online application for visitors visa last May 28, 2018 but my concern is, is it ok that I put My married name on the application but on my passport name it was still on my maiden name but all of my supporting documents i uploaded were under my married name :drivers license, work permit and advance parole( pending greencard application) etc. Hope to hear any advice from someone. Thank you so much. Godbless

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X