Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding J2 EAD

Dear All,

I am planning to travel to US on a J2 Visa.
    I have been to US several years back and already have a SSN.

I have initially planned to travel for a couple of weeks, apply for the EAD and then return back to my home country. Once the EAD gets approved, i will travel back to US.

Please let me know if there are any concerns i should be aware of, wrt to this arrangement.

1. Can i apply for EAD as soon as i reach ?
    2. Is there any document required from my wife's institute to initiate the processing.
    3. Is the EAD directly related to I94, i.e. if a move out while the EAD is processing, will the EAD be still valid when i re-enter the US with a new I94?

Please share your experiences wrt to J2.

Originally posted by gyro_s View Post
    Dear All,

I am planning to travel to US on a J2 Visa.
    I have been to US several years back and already have a SSN.

I have initially planned to travel for a couple of weeks, apply for the EAD and then return back to my home country. Once the EAD gets approved, i will travel back to US.

Please let me know if there are any concerns i should be aware of, wrt to this arrangement.

1. Can i apply for EAD as soon as i reach ?
    2. Is there any document required from my wife's institute to initiate the processing.
    3. Is the EAD directly related to I94, i.e. if a move out while the EAD is processing, will the EAD be still valid when i re-enter the US with a new I94?

Please share your experiences wrt to J2.
    1. Yes, always if you've got all the documentation ready.
    2. Yes, usually an admission letter from the university/school of your wife.
    3. Yes it is directly related to I94. It shouldn't be a problem, you'll just need to specify on your application that you are planing to travel.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X