Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD Renewal Times and how to Expedite

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advise on how to expedite an EAD renewal? or has received their L2 EAD recently from the CA Service Center and could give me a rough estimate on time? My employers are asking when I can return to work as my current work permit has expired and I would love to give them an update

I am an L2 visa holder and am applying for my EAD renewal. Pending 110 days... so far I have attempted the following;

1) Taken an expedite request from my employer and lawyer to USCIS - refused based on me being an L2 visa
    2) Contacted local congress woman - pending response

Huge thanks in advance if anyone has any feedback.

Originally posted by AllyMichell View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advise on how to expedite an EAD renewal? or has received their L2 EAD recently from the CA Service Center and could give me a rough estimate on time? My employers are asking when I can return to work as my current work permit has expired and I would love to give them an update

I am an L2 visa holder and am applying for my EAD renewal. Pending 110 days... so far I have attempted the following;

1) Taken an expedite request from my employer and lawyer to USCIS - refused based on me being an L2 visa
    2) Contacted local congress woman - pending response

Huge thanks in advance if anyone has any feedback.
    Hello,

There is no defined way to expedite an L2 EAD Renewal with the USCIS. We also contacted the local congressman's office after waiting for the prescribed time and we received a decision from the USCIS. Since you have already done that, my recommendation is to follow up with your congress woman's office to check if they can follow up again with the USCIS or if the USCIS has provided them with any updates on your case.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by arajesh19 View Post
      Hello,

There is no defined way to expedite an L2 EAD Renewal with the USCIS. We also contacted the local congressman's office after waiting for the prescribed time and we received a decision from the USCIS. Since you have already done that, my recommendation is to follow up with your congress woman's office to check if they can follow up again with the USCIS or if the USCIS has provided them with any updates on your case.

Good luck.

Thank you for feedback, can I ask how long the EAD renewal took from start to finish? I am hearing reports of 7 months at the moment and having a mild freak out.

Comment

Originally posted by AllyMichell View Post
        Thank you for feedback, can I ask how long the EAD renewal took from start to finish? I am hearing reports of 7 months at the moment and having a mild freak out.
        Mine took just about 4 months and was processed at the CSC.

Comment

Originally posted by arajesh19 View Post
          Mine took just about 4 months and was processed at the CSC.
          Did you contacted congresswoman after 90 days ? because on USCIS it says 2 - 5 months. Was she able to expedite it ?

Comment

Originally posted by shivam.user21 View Post
            Did you contacted congresswoman after 90 days ? because on USCIS it says 2 - 5 months. Was she able to expedite it ?
            Yes, I contacted congressman's office after 90 days. They contacted the USCIS but my case got approved during the time they were in touch with USCIS. I cannot say for certain if congressman's inquiry helped fast track my case.

Thanks
            Rajesh

Comment

Wait for your turn...bad but the best option...

You will not be able to expedite as you are on a L2 and your L1 spouse should make enough $$ for both (this is a condition for the L1 visa). Do not go for any crazy route that work for family based processes.

Only your company can ask for it IF they show severe loss for the company. Most companies will never do that.

Next time, start the EAD renewal earlier. If needed, renew the visa earlier. Count with 6 months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X