Help needed! Still haven't received my SSN after 2 weeks of EAD approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed! Still haven't received my SSN after 2 weeks of EAD approval

I'm an undergraduate international student and applied for OPT for my internship this summer. My EAD card arrived 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't received my SSN. A lot of people receive their SSN shortly after receiving EAD, so I'm wondering what happened in the SSN application. My employer is asking for my SSN and without it I could face delay of internship start date. The internship started next week so I'm very worried. I called USCIS and they told me that they don't provide SSN information. I called SSA and they told me that I need my tracking number, but I don't have it since I checked the box on OPT application to apply for SSN simultaneously. Who should I contact with to find out what's wrong with my SSN application or get my SSN number?

If I still don't get my SSN by this week I'll have to go to a SSN office to apply again next week. In that case, is it possible to ask about my SSN number before the SSN card arrives?

Thanks!

Originally posted by xisaax View Post
    I'm an undergraduate international student and applied for OPT for my internship this summer. My EAD card arrived 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't received my SSN. A lot of people receive their SSN shortly after receiving EAD, so I'm wondering what happened in the SSN application. My employer is asking for my SSN and without it I could face delay of internship start date. The internship started next week so I'm very worried. I called USCIS and they told me that they don't provide SSN information. I called SSA and they told me that I need my tracking number, but I don't have it since I checked the box on OPT application to apply for SSN simultaneously. Who should I contact with to find out what's wrong with my SSN application or get my SSN number?

If I still don't get my SSN by this week I'll have to go to a SSN office to apply again next week. In that case, is it possible to ask about my SSN number before the SSN card arrives?

Thanks!
    Hi,

I am sorry I could not help your problem. But I have a question about your OPT. When did USCIS received your case and when did you take your EAD card?
    I am wondering how long it took.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

I am sorry I could not help your problem. But I have a question about your OPT. When did USCIS received your case and when did you take your EAD card?
      I am wondering how long it took.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X