FTAO samlynn - Editing posts without explaining why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTAO samlynn - Editing posts without explaining why

How come you removed my link to the USCIS case tracker app? You didn't provide a reason for editing my post.

One of my suggestions is that if an admin edits a post, you state a reason why in the box provided, so we know what we did wrong.

If I broke a rule, can you please point me in the direction of the rules, because I'd have thought that link was perfectly fine, as it's relevant to the conversation and helps others.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
    How come you removed my link to the USCIS case tracker app? You didn't provide a reason for editing my post.

One of my suggestions is that if an admin edits a post, you state a reason why in the box provided, so we know what we did wrong.

If I broke a rule, can you please point me in the direction of the rules, because I'd have thought that link was perfectly fine, as it's relevant to the conversation and helps others.
    they don't need a reason to remove a link, that's why they're admins.
    Last edited by krypton9591; 06-08-2018, 08:29 PM.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
      they don't need a reason to remove a link, that's why they're admins. if they feel it violates community guidelines they'll do what they feel is right. the reason button is for our benefit not theirs.
      What are the community guidelines, if they're guidelines for the community then surely the community should know about them, no? I feel like everyone should be aware of the reasoning behind decisions. If we don't agree with them that's fine, but at least we can understand the reasons. I am asking for the forum rules for my benefit, as I couldn't find any rules and I don't understand why the link broke the rules, since it was relevant.

My post wasn't intended to be inflaming, it was a genuine question, posted in the comments and suggestions board, asking for the attention of the person who removed it, since I couldn't find them to send them a direct personal message to ask. I don't feel there is anything wrong with wanting to know the reason why, especially if I don't understand it.

Thank you for your comment but it wasn't very helpful. Hopefully the person I directed this to, or indeed another admin can answer my question with useful information. I legitimately would like a constructive answer to help me in the future to make sure I don't break rules because I don't know them.
      Last edited by Tezza; 06-08-2018, 04:24 PM.
      Marriage AOS - 2018

Comment

removing links

We remove any links that are not obviously directing someone to USCIS, other Immihelp posts, or other government sites that we know are safe. It's standard to remove any unfamiliar links. There is so much out there that we have to err on the side of caution.
        This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
          We remove any links that are not obviously directing someone to USCIS, other Immihelp posts, or other government sites that we know are safe. It's standard to remove any unfamiliar links. There is so much out there that we have to err on the side of caution.
          Okay I understand that. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
          Marriage AOS - 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
            Okay I understand that. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
            Mine get removed all the time, bud, especially if I say the unspeakable - visa journey. See? It got blocked. v1sa j0urn3y LOL No sweat. I just tell people to google in quotations " " and that it will be the first result.
            How's that table of contents coming along? Your interview is coming up.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X