Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC interview coming up - newly married, new job (AC21). What to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC interview coming up - newly married, new job (AC21). What to expect?

Hi,

My situation and timeline are as follows:

1. Applied for GC about 2 years ago as a single man (PERM/i-140 etc)
    2. Applied for I-485 about 1 year ago along with my newlywed wife
    3. The medical exam was done June 13th, 2017
    4. I-140 was approved
    5. GC interview was scheduled
    5. Switched companies, same field/job more pay etc. No notification was sent as my green card interview was scheduled around the same time. I've had advice to just bring evidence documents and new payslips to the interview.

Green card interview is June 13th, 2018. We both have files of information from financials, visa status history, tax history etc.

Any advice here? Is this a normal situation? Hoping everything goes well.

Originally posted by user8981212122121 View Post
    Hi,

My situation and timeline are as follows:

1. Applied for GC about 2 years ago as a single man (PERM/i-140 etc)
    2. Applied for I-485 about 1 year ago along with my newlywed wife
    3. The medical exam was done June 13th, 2017
    4. I-140 was approved
    5. GC interview was scheduled
    5. Switched companies, same field/job more pay etc. No notification was sent as my green card interview was scheduled around the same time. I've had advice to just bring evidence documents and new payslips to the interview.

Green card interview is June 13th, 2018. We both have files of information from financials, visa status history, tax history etc.

Any advice here? Is this a normal situation? Hoping everything goes well.
    I wouldn't say it is not that uncommon for someone to change jobs and/or marriage situation. However, you should be well prepared with all the supporting documents. They will definitely ask questions about how you met your wife, when you two started dating, where/when you got married, and even do a pop quiz about whether you know your wife's personal info like her birthday, place of birth, her parent's name, where her parents currently live, etc. And they would ask the same questions to your wife about you. Be sure to bring any document that establishes your marriage as a bona fide one, such as your joint bank account, joint lease/house deed, joint car insurance, joint life insurance, wedding album, recent photos you took together, etc. I was recently interviewed (EB2), and even though I was married throughout my PERM/I-140/I-485 process (to the same person), they asked for all these things. I am pretty sure they will definitely ask these for you, unless you meet a very lazy officer who is quite eager to move onto the next case.

As for your job, I think you would want a letter from the current employer confirming that you are employed there, along with your recent payslips, and maybe even a copy of the initial job offer contract you signed with the current firm.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X