Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past visits to the US and being a subject of section 212(e) help F-1 applicant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past visits to the US and being a subject of section 212(e) help F-1 applicant?

Hello,

I got a full ride scholarship to a highly ranked US institution. However, I have been to the US as a J1 exchange student and trainee, twice. I have also visited on a B2 visa.

It is difficult for me to proof ties to my home country. Only argument I have is being an only child, with a chronically impaired mother. However, I am afraid this could be seen as negative since I am deciding to be away for four years.

I am a subject of section 212(e). Does this help proofing that I intend to return to my home country, since I must anyway?

Any thoughts on how difficult it will be to obtain the visa? I am planning my life counting on this and it would be a huge disappointment to have it denied. I would like any advice on how to improve my chances.

Thank you

Originally posted by mcosta9 View Post
    Hello,

I got a full ride scholarship to a highly ranked US institution. However, I have been to the US as a J1 exchange student and trainee, twice. I have also visited on a B2 visa.

It is difficult for me to proof ties to my home country. Only argument I have is being an only child, with a chronically impaired mother. However, I am afraid this could be seen as negative since I am deciding to be away for four years.

I am a subject of section 212(e). Does this help proofing that I intend to return to my home country, since I must anyway?

Any thoughts on how difficult it will be to obtain the visa? I am planning my life counting on this and it would be a huge disappointment to have it denied. I would like any advice on how to improve my chances.

Thank you
    Did you receive your Visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X