Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just passed the interview for N-400. Can I start K-1 visa application beforehand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just passed the interview for N-400. Can I start K-1 visa application beforehand?

Hello folks,

is there any chance to start applying in advance? Obviously that the oath event will happen earlier than I-129F review process...
    Why I think so - when you apply for citizenship based on 5 years Green Card, you can start applying after 4,75 years of residence. That makes sense..

Thank you!

Originally posted by arctic.nyc View Post
    Hello folks,

is there any chance to start applying in advance? Obviously that the oath event will happen earlier than I-129F review process...
    Why I think so - when you apply for citizenship based on 5 years Green Card, you can start applying after 4,75 years of residence. That makes sense..

Thank you!
    no

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by arctic.nyc View Post
      Hello folks,

Thank you!
      I am not an expert on this BUT technically, you are not a citizen yet. When you sign the I-129F, you are attesting that everything is accurate as of that date. A million things could go wrong between passing your citizenship interview and the naturalization ceremony. To be 100% certain, you may of course, ask an attorney.

Putting the I-129F takes time. Just like the AOS package, you can't put together a bullet proof application package in a matter of days. That's my two cents. You do not want to be accused of misrepresentation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X