Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 October filer in Chicago

Hey guys

Kindly share experiance if some one have in the same boat .

File case n400 on 10/24/2017
    Finger print done on , 11/19/2017

Q1. After finger print not yet online status change , still waiting for interview ,

Q 2. the case inquiry date some time Jump back from April 2017 to February 2017

Kindly shair your exp

thanks & good luck for all

Originally posted by chigagian View Post
    Hey guys

Kindly share experiance if some one have in the same boat .

File case n400 on 10/24/2017
    Finger print done on , 11/19/2017

Q1. After finger print not yet online status change , still waiting for interview ,

Q 2. the case inquiry date some time Jump back from April 2017 to February 2017

Kindly shair your exp

thanks & good luck for all
    The N-400 processing time for Chicago is average 11.5 to 15 months based on the USCIS website. So you are still within the time frame. Just based on my experience here in Dallas, where the processing time is between 15 to 20 months. I had my fingerprinting done in Feb 2017 and finally got my interview notice in May, 2018. So it took me around 15 months to get an interview date. From what I read there has been a huge jump in the number of N-400 applications filed in 2017. So USCIS is backlogged. Hope this helps.

Comment

Chicago filer here
      Filed on first week of sept 2017
      Just changed online status last 06/07 to interview was scheduled . Awaiting for the letter

Comment

Update with my casd

Originally posted by Mina2017 View Post
        Chicago filer here
        Just changed online status last 06/07 to interview was scheduled . Awaiting for the letter
        Today 6/15/18- I received the notice of action that my interview date is July 13,2018 ... 🙃

Comment

Thank You for reply

Originally posted by georgerudy View Post
          The N-400 processing time for Chicago is average 11.5 to 15 months based on the USCIS website. So you are still within the time frame. Just based on my experience here in Dallas, where the processing time is between 15 to 20 months. I had my fingerprinting done in Feb 2017 and finally got my interview notice in May, 2018. So it took me around 15 months to get an interview date. From what I read there has been a huge jump in the number of N-400 applications filed in 2017. So USCIS is backlogged. Hope this helps.
          Thank you for reply bro

- - - Updated - - -

Chicago filer here

thank you & good luck Dear

Comment

Today 6/15/18- I received the notice of action that my interview date is July 13,2018 ... 🙃

good luck Mina

Comment

thank You for reply

thank You Georgerudy

Comment

good luck Mina

Thanks Chigagian!
                Yours is coming soon, be patient ... I applied together with my husband and another friend, we mailed it all at the same time , and the 3 of us got same interview date , my husband and I is 9:30 am and my friend got a 12 noon appointment .

Comment

Thanks Chigagian!
                  Yours is coming soon, be patient ... I applied together with my husband and another friend, we mailed it all at the same time , and the 3 of us got same interview date , my husband and I is 9:30 am and my friend got a 12 noon appointment .

Thank you Mina for share yours family & friend experience , the sequence you told feel like that now they reached to September 2017 from the Chicago backlogs , so hope that may be I will get it in a month or 2 . While N400 processing time for Chicago going on in march 2017 but some time its change to backward so thats why feeling confused to check the processing time .

have nice wishes for you all in this long journey & good luck for you all in future .

Comment

Ft Myers

Any in SW Fl area please respond.
                    Our Ft Myers FO is showing backlog from Nov 16 . It has not moved in 2 mths I completed Bio Metrics Dec 17. Anyone know why Ft Myers is so behind? they are saying 20 mths. As long time green card holder and having applied for replacement only 2 yrs ago it would seem really out of sync.

Comment

good luck Mina
                      Chicago
                      UPDATE: just had an interview 7/13 yesterday. It went well and was finished so quick. After pledge,He took my picture and finger print and He went straight to civic test, writing and reading . Asked for my passport and green card, asked me my travels but did not look into my passport. I travelled after I submitted my N400 and I just made a list and give it to him and he kept it. He just reviewed the N 400 form and that?s it. It was so quick and gave me the approval letter . I have incoming travel this August 1, and I asked him if he recommends to cancel it, he said not to cancel it coz the waiting time for oath is 4-6 weeks so I have time.

My husband had an interview at the same time. He also finished quick .he told the interviewer of our travels and he took a note of the date and told my husband that it will be after August 28 so we can travel.

My friend who we submitted the application at the same time with me has same interview date with me same place , me and my husband at 9:30 am and him at 12 pm.he also completed very quick but his interviewer told him that his oath will be before July ends.

Thankful for everyone who shared their experiences here!

Comment

Chicago
                        UPDATE: just had an interview 7/13 yesterday. It went well and was finished so quick. After pledge,He took my picture and finger print and He went straight to civic test, writing and reading . Asked for my passport and green card, asked me my travels but did not look into my passport. I travelled after I submitted my N400 and I just made a list and give it to him and he kept it. He just reviewed the N 400 form and that?s it. It was so quick and gave me the approval letter . I have incoming travel this August 1, and I asked him if he recommends to cancel it, he said not to cancel it coz the waiting time for oath is 4-6 weeks so I have time.

My husband had an interview at the same time. He also finished quick .he told the interviewer of our travels and he took a note of the date and told my husband that it will be after August 28 so we can travel.

My friend who we submitted the application at the same time with me has same interview date with me same place , me and my husband at 9:30 am and him at 12 pm.he also completed very quick but his interviewer told him that his oath will be before July ends.

Thankful for everyone who shared their experiences here!
                        UPDATE : 7/18/18 Online status changed to ? Oath taking will be scheduled ?... awaiting for the letter

Comment

2 passport size picture

UPDATE : 7/18/18 Online status changed to ? Oath taking will be scheduled ?... awaiting for the letter
                          Hi! Did they asked you for 2 passport size pictures, during the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodvibesonly View Post
                            Hi! Did they asked you for 2 passport size pictures, during the interview?
                            no, they did not ask me but I brought 2 passport size pictures with me just to be sure.

Comment

Hi Mina,
                              I had the interview about a bout ago-and i was told the same thing that the waiting time is 4-6 weeks!
                              I'm thinking we will be taking the oath at the same time. so please once you are scheduled let me know and i will do the same.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X