X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485, I-131, I-765 - Chicago Lock Box
    Date Mailed: 06/20/18
    Date Received: 06/25/18
    Receipt notice - email: 07/14/18 - I-485 Fee Received- Case number, I-131 Case Number
    Check cashed: 07/17/18

I Haven't heard anything about my I-765, no case number given even I filed and sent them all together. Is it a bad sign that I missed sending something and they need verification?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
      Though things can certainly change. It is almost entirely certain that your interview date will be way after delivery. I am not sure of their policies of taking an infant in the interview room, so please call ahead and make inquiries. Otherwise, invite a family member to come with you on the day of the interview to keep the baby. on the outside in a cool and comfortable spot while you both are being interviewed. That way you would not worry as much with your infant being away from you.
      Thanks, we're very excited. And we don't have any family nearby to look after the baby. Unfortunately our nearest family member is an 8 hour drive away in Tennessee and it's just not plausible for them to drive all that way to come and babysit for an afternoon. I will call ahead and see what they suggest there though, thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by BritiCan View Post
        Thanks, we're very excited. And we don't have any family nearby to look after the baby. Unfortunately our nearest family member is an 8 hour drive away in Tennessee and it's just not plausible for them to drive all that way to come and babysit for an afternoon. I will call ahead and see what they suggest there though, thank you!
        Hi BritCan,
        Please let us know what you were able to findout.

Also, please refer the below thread where on Employment Based petitioner went with the entire family for Interview.
        Note:- Not a legal opinion.

Comment

• Help to Expedite EAD

Hello everyone, I got some attention back from USCIS on my expedite request for EAD, and I received a letter from them to provide evidence.
          Will appreciate any examples from y'all on how to make a successful submission, I would be more inclined to submit evidence for financial and humanitarian reasons.
          Thank you.

AOS c(9) Seattle, WA
          PD: 3/22/18
          Chicago Lock Box
          RD: 4/06/18
          National Benefits Center
          BIO: 4/27/18
          RFE: 6/11/18
          RFE Received: 6/21/18
          Case Status as of 7/02/18 - Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
          Last edited by gaps0214; 07-17-2018, 02:19 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

• Married to US-C waiting for RFE receipt acknowledgment

Sent mine June 7
            Biometric appointment a week after
            RFE received same day as bio appt: July 11
            RFE received by them July 13
            waiting anxiously
            Last edited by freespirited; 07-18-2018, 07:32 AM. Reason: RFE receipt confirmed
            Field Office: Hartford, CT
            PD: 06/11/18
            RFIE sent: 07/10/18
            RFIE received: 07/14/18
            Biometric appointment done: 07/14/18
            RFIE response received by USCIS: 07/17/18
            I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 07/23/18
            I-765 & I-131 New card being produced: 10/8/18
            I-485 Interview was scheduled: 02/06/2019

Comment

• Just updating status

I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 concurrently/

Good experience at Anchorage Field Office for walk-in biometrics. I presented myself at 8 am. They told me, after checking my documents and fingers (for open wounds?) I had to let everyone with an appointment go ahead but could expect to be taken. One family that was already there and two people who arrived just after me, but had appointments, went first, but I was in and out within an hour.

06/06 -- Package sent to Chicago lockbox
              06/11 -- Package received
              06/11 -- PD
              06/18 -- 4 email + 4 SMS notifications. Case with National Benefits Center
              06/23 -- 3 hardcopy NoA received via mail (Notice date 06/15). I-131 missing
              07/06 -- Biometrics notice received. Appointment in Anchorage for 07/12
              07/09 -- 800 miles drive, 15 moose, 1 porcupine and 3 eagles later, completed walk-in biometrics in Anchorage
              07/17 -- Missing NoA for I-131 showed up in the mail (PO Box). It had originally been sent to the street address (which doesn't have USPS delivery). Online status said "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case"
              AOS from F1 OPT, full packet, c(9)
              06/06 Package sent to Chicago lockbox
              06/11 Package received
              06/11 PD
              06/18 4 email + 4 SMS notifications. NBC
              06/23 3 NoA received via mail. I-131 missing
              07/06 Biometrics notice, Anchorage for 07/12
              07/09 800 miles drive, 15 moose, 1 porcupine and 3 eagles later, walk-in biometrics
              07/17 Missing NoA for I-131 showed up in the mail
              08/23 Interview, Anchorage
              08/25 New card is being produced
              08/27 Case was approved

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                Hello everyone, I got some attention back from USCIS on my expedite request for EAD, and I received a letter from them to provide evidence.
                Will appreciate any examples from y'all on how to make a successful submission, I would be more inclined to submit evidence for financial and humanitarian reasons.
                Thank you.

AOS c(9) Seattle, WA
                PD: 3/22/18
                Chicago Lock Box
                RD: 4/06/18
                National Benefits Center
                BIO: 4/27/18
                RFE: 6/11/18
                RFE Received: 6/21/18
                Case Status as of 7/02/18 - Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                Hi gaps0214,

I also called USCIS yesterday to have my EAD expedited because I have an active job offer that requires me to start on September 4th. I have the "Case Tracker" app on my phone and I am checking the updates every hour or so. As of now, it says "your case is currently not assigned for processing".

If they accept my request and ask for evidence, I was thinking to submit the following:
                -cover letter explaining the financial hardship I would be facing without a timely EAD as my husband and I would only have one income (just as a sidenote, I am currently an F1 student, will be graduating next month, and will lose my current income);
                -job offer from employer;
                -bank statements showing my depleting savings account;

I am not sure if there is anything else I can add.

Can I ask you how long did it take them to send you the letter asking for evidence from the time you requested the expedite? I know they are so overwhelmed with applications this past last month, it seems everything is working so slowly.

Please keep us updated about the status of your case.

I wish you the best of luck!

~Greta

USCIS - Chicago, IL
                Documents Sent (USPS)- 6/1/18
                Received by USCIS - 6/4/18
                Priority Date - 6/8/18
                Received 4 NOAs text/email - 6/11/18
                Received 4 NOAs in mail - 6/15/2018
                Biometrics appointment letter received - 6/22/2018
                Biometrics appointment - 7/2/2018 (USCIS Alexandria ASC)
                EAD Expedite Request - 7/17/2018
                Marriage to USC-based AOS

USCIS - Chicago, IL
                Documents Sent (USPS)- 6/1/18
                Received by USCIS - 6/4/18
                Received 4 NOAs in mail - 6/15/2018
                Biometrics appointment letter - 6/22/2018
                Biometrics appointment - 7/2/2018
                EAD Expedite Request - 8/21/2018
                EAD card being produced - 9/17/2018
                Combo card in hand - 9/23/2018
                I 485 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - 9/20/2018
                Interview Scheduled Notification - 11/2/2018
                Interview - 12/13/2018
                GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

• June Filer

I send my concurrent application (I-130 and I-485) to the Chicago lockbox on 6/28/2018. On the USPS website tracking, it said that it was delivered on 6/30/2018. I have not received any text or email and the checks were not deposited. Is this normal? I did include the form to notify me by email or by text. Thank you for your help!

Comment

• Originally posted by mcreek42 View Post
                    I send my concurrent application (I-130 and I-485) to the Chicago lockbox on 6/28/2018. On the USPS website tracking, it said that it was delivered on 6/30/2018. I have not received any text or email and the checks were not deposited. Is this normal? I did include the form to notify me by email or by text. Thank you for your help!
                    Same with me. I submitted my AOS package last July 9, 2018. It was delivered July 11, 2018. Up to now, no e-notification that the application was received. I am not sure if this is normal on the average timeline experienced by others. Anyone experiencing the same?
                    Adjusting from B2 visa

07/09/2018 Sent AOS Package
                    07/11/2018 Priority Date
                    07/30/2018 Biometrics Done
                    08/08/2018 Case status updated to "Interview Ready to be Scheduled"

USCIS Office: National Benefits Center (NBC)

Comment

• Originally posted by mcreek42 View Post
                      Here's a post from 2016. This person did not get any updates for almost a month. So, there's hope! If you don't hear back by 30-day mark, I'd starting calling and filing a lost complaint.

Originally posted by mari_elle View Post
                      Same with me. I submitted my AOS package last July 9, 2018. It was delivered July 11, 2018. Up to now, no e-notification that the application was received. I am not sure if this is normal on the average timeline experienced by others. Anyone experiencing the same?
                      Give it a day or two more... 7-14 days is pretty normal.
                      2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
                      07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
                      07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
                      07-17: Checks cashed
                      07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
                      07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
                      07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
                      08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
                      08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
                      10-04: AP approved
                      11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                      11-29: EAD approved

Comment

• OMG I am not ready

Status just updated to "Interview was scheduled". It's quite early in the process - I hope this is nothing to worry about. I haven't even scheduled my medical yet!

One thing to note for all the new filers is that my status updates have been very random - I could see case received on both the old, https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and the new web tracker, myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov; "Biometrics received" only on the new tracker (for I-765 and I-485); "interview is scheduled" only on the old one and only for form I-130. And the phone app just texted me about the last update. ?\_(ツ)_/? So, I suggest using both the web trackers.

Good luck June filers! Fingers crossed for everyone.
                        Last edited by paase; 07-20-2018, 08:17 AM.
                        Marriage-based AOS from F-1

06-15-2018: Fed-Ex package delivered
                        06-21-2018: 4 NOA texts and emails
                        06-25-2018: 4 NOAs received in the mail
                        06-28-2018: Biometrics Letter rec'd in the mail
                        7-10-2018: I-693 courtesy letter received
                        7-11-2018: Biometrics Appointment
                        7-15-2018: "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case"
                        7-19-2018: "Interview was scheduled" update on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus
                        8-23-2018: Interview Date
                        8-24-2018: Status updated to 'Approved'

Comment

• Originally posted by paase View Post
                          Status just updated to "Interview was scheduled". It's quite early in the process - I hope this is nothing to worry about. I haven't even scheduled my medical yet!

One thing to note for all the new filers is that my status updates have been very random - I could see case received on both the old, https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and the new web tracker, myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov; "Biometrics received" only on the new tracker (for I-765 and I-485); "interview is scheduled" only on the old one and only for form I-130. And the phone app just texted me about the last update. ?\_(ツ)_/? So, I suggest using both the web trackers.

Congrats!! I think you are the first one among June filers.
                          Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765 , I-131
                          Field Office:Houston

6/12 Package Sent
                          6/15 Priority Date
                          6/21 Checks Cashed
                          6/21 NoAs via Email/Text
                          6/25 NoAs via Mail
                          7/6 Biometric letter
                          7/18 Biometric Done
                          7/19 Status for 485 and 765 changed to "Finger Print review was completed"
                          7/25 Status for 485 changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled for an Interview"
                          10/15/2018 status for 765 changed to ?new card is being produced ?

Comment

• Update on case status!

Thanks for the tip, JosephTheDreamer. Super helpful!

I got an update this morning that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. My case history is now as follows:

03/17/2017 - Eloped with USC
                            06/19/2018 - Sent AOS package to Chicago Lockbox
                            06/21/2018 - AOS package received by USCIS
                            06/28/2018 - NOAs received and priority date given
                            07/08/2018 - Biometrics and other fees processed
                            07/12/2018 - Biometrics letter received setting appointment for 07/22/2017
                            07/13/2018 - Biometrics done at walk-in in Atlanta, GA
                            07/20/2018 - Text received stating that as of 07/18/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview

On another note - I am 8.5 months pregnant, due August 6th 2018. C-section (for medical reasons) scheduled for 07/30/2018.
                            Also, I arrived in the states in April 2013 as a TN. TN status expires Nov 11, 2018.

Comment

damn, that was fast! good luck with your interview... it will be great!
                              2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
                              07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
                              07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
                              07-17: Checks cashed
                              07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
                              07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
                              07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
                              08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
                              08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
                              10-04: AP approved
                              11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                              11-29: EAD approved

Comment

Congrats! You have plenty of time to get ready, though. Charleston, SC is fast. Others have found the info on this thread very helpful in preparing for the interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X