Re entry with green card - 1st time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re entry with green card - 1st time

Hello, I became a lpr last year and i am planning on traveling outside the US for the first time, my concern is, I was arrested back in 2001 and charged with two felonies for applying for a drivers license with fraudulent documentation, charges were dismissed after community service, no plea was entered. Will I have any issues returning back to US, or is the arrest record voided/disregarded as they checked my criminal record last year to obtain green card? I went Juarez for interview and disclosed the arrest also. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Samcr0; 06-18-2018, 03:51 PM. Reason: Grammar

Originally posted by Samcr0 View Post
    Hello, I became a lpr last year and i am planning on traveling outside the US for the first time, my concern is, I was arrested back in 2001 and charged with two felonies for applying for a drivers license with fraudulent documentation, charges were dismissed after community service, no plea was entered. Will I have any issues returning back to US, or is the arrest record voided/disregarded as they checked my criminal record last year to obtain green card? I went Juarez for interview and disclosed the arrest also. Thanks in advance
    Have you received any info?

Comment

Not yet

Comment

are you in the USA now? and are you a GC holder/LPR as of 2017?

Comment

If you disclosed it and was approved, I don't see why it would be a problem now.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by abumiqdad View Post
            are you in the USA now? and are you a GC holder/LPR as of 2017?
            Yes, i am in the U.S. but thinking about traveling to Mexico in December.

Comment

Yes, i am in the U.S. but thinking about traveling to Mexico in December.
              Did you disclose the arrest when applying for your GC?

As newacct said, if you did and immigration still approved your GC then you shouldn't have any issues with it.
              Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
              4-12: Arrived in Chicago
              4-14: Picked up by USCIS
              4-19: Email & text notifications received
              4-23: I-797 Receipts received
              4-27: Biometrics notice received
              5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
              5-11: Biometrics completed
              6-04: Interview scheduled
              6-09: Received interview letter
              7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
              7-13: Card was Mailed
              7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X