Application over TWO YEARS in background check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application over TWO YEARS in background check

Has anyone else had this problem? My husband's I-485 has been pending for over two years. He has applied twice for travel and employment authorizations, and has been granted both, both times, but there is no end in sight for the application. We have a lawyer, she's out of ideas. We've used our Congressman's office. We have a pending Ombudsman office request. We have called USCIS a million times trying to get answers and we havent gotten anywhere. Help!

Originally posted by kbguri1430 View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem? My husband's I-485 has been pending for over two years. He has applied twice for travel and employment authorizations, and has been granted both, both times, but there is no end in sight for the application. We have a lawyer, she's out of ideas. We've used our Congressman's office. We have a pending Ombudsman office request. We have called USCIS a million times trying to get answers and we havent gotten anywhere. Help!
    what is his priority date?
    Last edited by krypton9591; 06-20-2018, 03:30 PM.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

I'm not sure what his parole date is. He came into the US on January 9th, 2016, and we were married on the 29th. USCIS received his fingerprint fee in May. Nothing has moved yet. We have already had his interview, but we keep being told his application is stuck in the background check phase.

Comment

Originally posted by kbguri1430 View Post
        I'm not sure what his parole date is. He came into the US on January 9th, 2016, and we were married on the 29th. USCIS received his fingerprint fee in May. Nothing has moved yet. We have already had his interview, but we keep being told his application is stuck in the background check phase.
        Depending on your location the wait time can take a couple of years from start to finish, but it does appear that your case it outside normal processing times, I would call a tier 2 officer at USCIS to see if you can find anything out, and if no luck there, write a letter to your congressman and have them file a request for status update, if a congressman/woman sends in a request I believe they are required to respond within 48 hrs of receipt of said request
        This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X