Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g (blue slip) on visa extension parents

Hi,

My parents recently applied for an extension on their B1(visitor visa) which is getting expired on Aug-2018 thru the VFS drop box at Kochi. They got a 221g (blue slip) and have been asked to come to Chennai with the documents to attend the interview with the consular officer in person. When they applied first time more than 10 years ago they got the VISA only after getting rejected 2 times (214 (b)). I am their only kid. In the last 10 years they have come to US 4 times and gone back ahead of the I94 expiry date. Now my father has PSP(similar to Parkinson) and has difficulty in walking. My questions:

1. Is there a way we will be able to get an exception and have the supporting documents for 221g posted in Kochi instead of this in person interview at Chennai?
    2. If the US consulate is insisting on an in-person interview then can they do at Kochi instead of Chennai?
    3. I am a US citizen. Is it better for me to apply for GC ( may be bring them to US in the next 2 weeks before their current VISA expires) and not got for extending the VISA?
    Truly appreciate any guidance !

Thank you Sanjay,

Hi, Sanjay,

Can you please update on your parents visa. have you applied for extension.

I had similar situation, but my parents visa expired in april. parents got 221g when attended on july 2nd. the officer asked for the reason for extented stay beyond 6 months. I have not submitted the extension approvals when they went for interview. they didn't take the passports. we are waiting for the email from the consulate for further instructions , status says under administrative processing. Thank you for your time.

please share your case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X