Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa renewal

Hi:

This question may have been asked before and answered but a response will be appreciated.

I have no father. Mother's 10 years US visitor's visa expiring July 2nd. Applied for renewal by dropdown in Mumbai. Got 221(G) and called for fingerprinting and interview.

She visited us 5/6 times and we got extension of stay in the US (while she was here) 3 times (she stayed 9 months, months and 10 months). Never overstayed. She also visited my sister in London for 5/6 times and also visited Germany, Belgium etc in 2010.

She is going next week with my sponsor letter, bank statements etc and her India property/bank statements.

What to expect in interview? Any idea what questions they are going to ask?

I am the only son and nervous. I am on H1 B.

Please any pointers/resources/answer would be helpful.

Thanks
    Rav

Originally posted by H1_holder View Post
    Hi:

This question may have been asked before and answered but a response will be appreciated.

I have no father. Mother's 10 years US visitor's visa expiring July 2nd. Applied for renewal by dropdown in Mumbai. Got 221(G) and called for fingerprinting and interview.

She visited us 5/6 times and we got extension of stay in the US (while she was here) 3 times (she stayed 9 months, months and 10 months). Never overstayed. She also visited my sister in London for 5/6 times and also visited Germany, Belgium etc in 2010.

She is going next week with my sponsor letter, bank statements etc and her India property/bank statements.

Thanks
    Rav
    They're more than likely going to ask about her multiple extensions, and what the reasoning was for extending her stay multiple times, they'll ask if she has any property in her home country or a job etc. the reason behind this is they are making sure that she's not an immigration risk which with the fact that your father is gone would make it appear that she is. it's up to her to convince them otherwise.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Dear H1_holder,

Originally posted by H1_holder View Post
      Hi:

Thanks
      Rav
      Did your mom receive visa. I had similar situation. parents got 221g when attended on july 2nd. the officer asked for the reason for extented stay beyond 6 months. I have not submitted the extension approvals when they went for interview. they didn't take the passports. we are waiting for the email from the consulate for further instructions , status says under administrative processing. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Dear H1_holder,

Did your mom receive visa. I had similar situation. parents got 221g when attended on july 2nd. the officer asked for the reason for extented stay beyond 6 months. I have not submitted the extension approvals when they went for interview. they didn't take the passports. we are waiting for the email from the consulate for further instructions , status says under administrative processing. Thank you for your time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X