Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1, L2 Visa Extension & L2 EAD Extension processing time lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1, L2 Visa Extension & L2 EAD Extension processing time lines.

Hi All,

I want to share my experience to everyone regarding our L1, L2 visa and L2 EAD extension process so that it will be helpful to many others.

I am on L2 visa. Our previous L1, L2 visa and L2 EAD were valid till March 31st 2018.

My husband company applied for my husband L1 extension and my L2 visa extension on November 20th 2017.

I have applied for L2 EAD extension separately (using L1 and L2 visa extension receipts..as we were not having renewed visa) on December 20th 2017.

In mid of February 2018 , we have got RFE for my husband L1 visa extension.
    Before responding to that RFE, they have sent one more RFE in the first week of March 2018.

My husband company has responded to both of those RFE's in the last week of March 2018.

Our L1 and L2 visas were approved on April 12 th 2018.

I was not having any update on my L2 EAD till April end 2018 so finally I have contacted congressman office in the last week of April.

In the second week of May, I have sent all the necessary documentation to congressman team to expedite my case (Job opportunity...offer letter, L1 and L2 visa approval notices).

On May 25th USCIS has accepted to expedite my case.

I have even contacted ombdus in last week of May. They also said..my case is accepted for expedite process.

I have scheduled Info pass appointment on June 5th..which is not helpful in my case.

Finally on June 13th 2018 my EAD was approved. On June 19th 2018 ,I have received my L2 EAD card in my hand.

Key experiences - I heard that it is better to apply visa and EAD together so that you need not wait for EAD approval even after visa approval.

If your company does not accept to file L2 EAD along with visas then better to apply for EAD as soon as you have your visa extension receipts. you need not wait for visa extensions approval.

Once you have job offer in hand then contact congressman team for help. In my case congressman team helped me to expedite my case.

All the above points are my experiences not legal suggestions. Hope this might be helpful to some one who are in similar situation. All the very best to everyone. Finally today is my happy day after long waiting period of six months.

Thanks,
    Ramana.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X