Travel with I 797 Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with I 797 Extension

Hey guys !! So my conditional green card expired and I just got an I 797 notice of action form to extend it for a year. My lawyer told me that I can travel internationally with that document. I'm planning to go to Tunis for the summer through Air France. Do you think the Tunisian authority/ the airline will let me back to the U.S having that document? What if they don't know what an I797 extension is? Did anyone experience this situation recently? Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by travelboy07 View Post
    Hey guys !! So my conditional green card expired and I just got an I 797 notice of action form to extend it for a year. My lawyer told me that I can travel internationally with that document. I'm planning to go to Tunis for the summer through Air France. Do you think the Tunisian authority/ the airline will let me back to the U.S having that document? What if they don't know what an I-797 extension is? Did anyone experience this situation recently? Thank you for your help.
    I'd be very surprised if the customs officer didn't know what an I-797 was, they may be from a different country, but if they're used to having people from all over the world visit,l they should know what it is. You should be fine.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by travelboy07 View Post
      Hey guys !! So my conditional green card expired and I just got an I 797 notice of action form to extend it for a year. My lawyer told me that I can travel internationally with that document. I'm planning to go to Tunis for the summer through Air France. Do you think the Tunisian authority/ the airline will let me back to the U.S having that document? What if they don't know what an I797 extension is? Did anyone experience this situation recently? Thank you for your help.
      Hi,

How long did it take for you to receive the I-797 notice of action form after you submitted your remove conditions application?

Thank you,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X