X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Help

Hi Team,

I need advice on my following issue of my green card:
    In a terrible mixup, my green card was issued with my first name and last name, but my Indian passport also has my middle name (attached to my given name).
    Will this be an issue when I travel abroad ?

Originally posted by mitulbharwad View Post
    Hi Team,

In a terrible mixup, my green card was issued with my first name and last name, but my Indian passport also has my middle name (attached to my given name).
    shouldn't be, but you have two options if you're worried, you can contact USCIS and ask them to correct it and you'll be waiting for a replacement, or you can use the one you have and if anyone questions you about it, just explain what happened and hope for the best. I'd personally go with option one, but at the same time you won't be able to travel unless you still have an EAD/AP combo card
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by mitulbharwad View Post
      Hi Team,

As a legal permanent resident of the US, you are only required to enter the US with your Green Card. That's it. It is recommended that you have your passport with you. However, it's not a must.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X