Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel while I-90 (USCIS Error) is under processing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while I-90 (USCIS Error) is under processing ?

Hello all, I received my GC with the given name/surname mentioned incorrectly (switched around), I verified that this was mentioned correctly in the I-485 AOS.

I filed the I-90 as USCIS error and mentioned the correct details there and am waiting for the receipt notice.

My question is, is it safe to travel (due to a family emergency) abroad with an incorrect 'named' GC ? Could there be issues with the airlines accepting this delta between the name in Passport vs The GC. I could explain the difference and show the receipt notice for the correction. Is this a better option compared to getting the I-551 stamp as all airlines don't understand this ?

What do you guys think ? What else maybe the best course of action. Thank you !!

best thing is to go to uscis and get a stamp in passport.
    JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

Originally posted by gunit123 View Post
      best thing is to go to uscis and get a stamp in passport.
      Thank you ! My current GC is valid till 2028, what would the purpose of the i-551 stamp be when I travel with the current GC in hand ? I expect to be midway in the travel when a RFE to return the GC might be sent.

Comment

Originally posted by GIG View Post
        Thank you ! My current GC is valid till 2028, what would the purpose of the i-551 stamp be when I travel with the current GC in hand ? I expect to be midway in the travel when a RFE to return the GC might be sent.
        if u get stamp, u dont even have to show green card at airport to avoid confusion.
        if u tell uscis about wrong names they will easily put a stamp in passport.
        JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X