Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Submitted i130, received i797, I am outside US now, should I apply i824?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitted i130, received i797, I am outside US now, should I apply i824?

Dear All,

My husband is US citizen and we have got married in July 2017 Hong Kong (outside US) and submitted i130 after that. We have received i797 from USCIS in Mar 2018.

In my i797, it has mentioned below:
    i) the petition has been approved
    ii) the petition indicates that the beneficiary is in the US and wishes to apply AOS which can file form i485
    iii) if the beneficiary decides to apply for an immigrant visa outside US, then should file i824

Actually I am not in US and my intention to have interview in Hong Kong, so I don't understand why the i797 said that I am in US now. After clarified with my husband, we figured out that we have filled the wrong answer in i130 part 4 question 61 and 62. We have put Charleston SC in question 61 and left blank in question 62.

Since I am in Hong Kong now and want to have the interview in Hong Kong, when I fill i824 part 2 "reason for request, which reason ahould I choose? (Actually I have called USCIS and they answered me that I should choose reason 1d "USCIS to send my approved immigrant visa petition to the NVC". But I don't see there is any choose for me to inform them that I want to have interview in Hong Kong.)

Can anyone provide some suggestions for my case, many thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X