Waiver for TB treatment for an IR1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver for TB treatment for an IR1 visa

I am an American 62 years-old living with my Filipina wife in the Philippines. We have 2 daughters 4 an 7. My daughters are US citizens.

I am disabled due to Fibromyalgia which a likely contracted during the flood that destroyed New Orleans in 2005.
    My condition has worsened over the years because of the lack of proper treatments and pain medications in the Philippines.

The pain medication I am having to take now causes me kidney pain and makes the systemic pain only barely tolerable at best. So I applied for my wife IR1 visa. But during the medical they found an active TB. So she will need to undergo 6 months of treatment.

My problem is that my wife is my caretaker. I can't take care of myself. But I can't stay fearing I will continue to get worse and that I am already destroying my kidneys with these improvised medications.

What can be done to acquire a waiver to defer my wife's TB treatment until she gets to the US? An active case of TB is rendered non-contagious in only a few weeks of treatment. Which could be started in the Philippines then continued in the US.

Thanks, Al.

I am sorry to hear about your health problems, hope all the visa issues are solved by now

Comment

Hopefully, you are doing better now, OP! Fibromyalgia is an awful condition. As far as I know, this musculoskeletal pain occurs due to genes, other diseases, emotional or physical abuse, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more. My aunt has recently started experiencing widespread pain and poor sleep quality. It turned out to be an early stage of fibromyalgia. Currently, Canada Drugs meds work for her, but I guess it is time to look for other types of treatment for her.
      Last edited by BNic; 06-28-2022, 06:49 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X